Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Wouldnt it be some craic if we got the win we need against Davy in Waterford🤣

Nice baller McCarthy is alright. Be interesting to see what he has to do when he is marking someone.

Cork very slowly getting all the moving parts in place. 1-4 are the obvious problems.

Would moving Joyce to 3 be worth it?

A few of the younger brigade to my eyes are starters now.

Roche and O Connell in MF, Barrett and Twomey at 10 + 12.

1 Like

Where’s Ben Cunningham?

1 Like

Eoin Downey surely worth a look at 3 as well.

I think he is the long term option there alright. Not this year though.

When is Fitzgibbon back? They’ll surely put him at 11 again. A passenger in MF.

Waterford will beat Cork in the Round Robin first day out in the newly renovated Huwawei Walsh Park.

Probably beat both of em

Cahalane will be 3 again when it comes to it. Not up to it.

O Connell is good but I don’t think Roche is classy enough. Barrett is only meh, not a good finisher given that is the type of player he shapes up to be.

Hayes is a massive man but I have doubts about his stick work when it comes round to it.

I’m surprised Michael Mullins isn’t getting more game time. Ben Cunningham is needed when he comes back.

1 Like

Joanne looks like she is auditioning for The Ring these days.

Jesus Christ that Antrim puckout….

Always nice to see a keeper caught out

I thought Micheál O’ Donoghue would do much better with Dublin. Albeit I thought the same when Mattie Kenny was in charge. Surely Wexford manage to beat them in championship this year. The only excuse for MO’D is a transitional period/absentees. A far cry from the glory days of Dalo.

Dalo is a vibes man. Dublin need a vibes man. These fellas trying to over complicate hurling are a waste of time with artificial hurlers like Dublin.

They need someone to bring a bit of cut to proceedings

1 Like

Davy could be available at the end of the season. The way it’s going it won’t be long until Offaly overtake them. The underage strides have stalled for Dublin too after a glut of Leinster titles at minor/U21 in the late 00’s/very early 10’s. Think they won a handy Leinster U21 in 2016 (beating Offaly in the final iirc) and nothing since.

Outside of Dalo, it feels like all these outside managers they have are just passing the time there and cashing the cheques. Is there any ambition there other than to beat Wexford once every 3 years?

1 Like

Amazingly they’ve only lost once to Wexford in championship since 2008. Even then it took a ROC point from downtown to turn the tide late on (2018). Very curious given Wexford’s excellent recent record against Kilkenny.

Davy and Dublin would be box office. It would either be great or a car crash. But they are a car crash anyway.

Dublin are seriously lacking natural hurlers. They have plenty numbers. But I think the super club thing is preventing real hurlers coming through.

1 Like

Dublin just don’t ‘get’ hurling.

1 Like

Dublin needs to annex Kildare and Laois so it can bound Tipp to get hurling

Joanne mentioned big news Kyle Hayes starts first time since conviction and they go back and don’t mention it or Kiely. Sweep sweep.

1 Like