Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Cahalane will be 3 again when it comes to it. Not up to it.

O Connell is good but I don’t think Roche is classy enough. Barrett is only meh, not a good finisher given that is the type of player he shapes up to be.

Hayes is a massive man but I have doubts about his stick work when it comes round to it.

I’m surprised Michael Mullins isn’t getting more game time. Ben Cunningham is needed when he comes back.

1 Like

Joanne looks like she is auditioning for The Ring these days.

Jesus Christ that Antrim puckout….

Always nice to see a keeper caught out

I thought Micheál O’ Donoghue would do much better with Dublin. Albeit I thought the same when Mattie Kenny was in charge. Surely Wexford manage to beat them in championship this year. The only excuse for MO’D is a transitional period/absentees. A far cry from the glory days of Dalo.

Dalo is a vibes man. Dublin need a vibes man. These fellas trying to over complicate hurling are a waste of time with artificial hurlers like Dublin.

They need someone to bring a bit of cut to proceedings

1 Like

Davy could be available at the end of the season. The way it’s going it won’t be long until Offaly overtake them. The underage strides have stalled for Dublin too after a glut of Leinster titles at minor/U21 in the late 00’s/very early 10’s. Think they won a handy Leinster U21 in 2016 (beating Offaly in the final iirc) and nothing since.

Outside of Dalo, it feels like all these outside managers they have are just passing the time there and cashing the cheques. Is there any ambition there other than to beat Wexford once every 3 years?

1 Like

Amazingly they’ve only lost once to Wexford in championship since 2008. Even then it took a ROC point from downtown to turn the tide late on (2018). Very curious given Wexford’s excellent recent record against Kilkenny.

Davy and Dublin would be box office. It would either be great or a car crash. But they are a car crash anyway.

Dublin are seriously lacking natural hurlers. They have plenty numbers. But I think the super club thing is preventing real hurlers coming through.

1 Like

Dublin just don’t ‘get’ hurling.

1 Like

Dublin needs to annex Kildare and Laois so it can bound Tipp to get hurling

Joanne mentioned big news Kyle Hayes starts first time since conviction and they go back and don’t mention it or Kiely. Sweep sweep.

1 Like

Dublin need Cheddar

Either focus on it or don’t. Dowling is not going to comment on it but surely they could have shown some of Kielys interview.

Their first issue is getting their best players involved. Few players decided not to get involved. I’d imagine AJ Murphy and one or two other Na Fianna men would be starting

Was he asked about it?

They haven’t a clue.

I attended a Fresher Hurling League game between DCU and UCD about 6 years ago.

Lee Gannon for DCU at Centre Back was absolutely lording it and DCU were winning well with about 10 minutes to go against a hopeless UCD outfit when Gannon cynically fouled the UCD centre forward running through to stop a goal chance. It was a clever foul and the right thing to do.

Anyway some big fat lad with a thick Dublin accent was involved with UCD as a selector and kept shouting for the remainder of the game, “6 doesnt like it up him”.

I knew then Dublin hurling wasnt going anywhere.

No he wasn’t. Joanne mentioned it in the pre match notes but then nothing after.

If Cheddar could get Zane on board he’d have Con back in 5 minutes

1 Like