Allianz National Hurling League 2024

Some real cheap shots at Tipp here… I’m not sure how guys expect the game to grow if that’s the attitude towards the weaker counties. They’re doing great work in Tipp underage, you should be encouraging them.

Tipp hurling is struggling at all levels. No all Ireland club since 1988 is shocking for a county of Tipp’s stature. Restructured their club championship yet Lorrha premier intermediate champs out of their depth in Munster. West and South Tipp hurling fallen off a cliff. Worrying times.

We need everyone in fairness. Great to see the likes of Offaly, Wexford and Tipp making inroads.

1 Like

@Ceist are Tipperary finished?

Tipp gave Limerick a right rattle last year.

If Clare can topple Limerick in Ennis Tipp will fancy their chances. They’ll grow a leg.

Surprised no one mentioned that before. He was like a lad rocking up to the Spawell for an Astro on a Tuesday night in November. Did his mammy not have a yellow or blue one washed, even a fucking navy one.

2 Likes

Some percentage of RTE analysis are extremely dislikeable in both codes.

1 Like

Flynn is possibly the least likable analyst they’ve ever had

1 Like

Sean Cavanagh
Flynn
Whelan
Jackie
Donal Óg

Jesus how did I forget Dowling.

1 Like

Damian Lawlor is a bit weird as well.

2 Likes

I can’t think of too many likable. Lee Keegan maybe but that’s a push.

I think if Tipperary people in general take an excuse like that, they will never fix their glaring issues.

The reality is a lot simpler, they aren’t quite good enough to be a top, top team at the moment and have taken their eye off the ball a little bit in terms of developing their hurlers. They do still have plenty of good players, maybe just not as many as some other teams. To be fair to Lohan, Clare had had a really awful season before he took over and he took a few years to develop & build a team that can compete with anyone.

(Having said all that, don’t want to overreact to a single league loss- it is only the league, after all/ I imagine Tipp will be fairly decent in Championship, I just don’t know if they have the consistency to put together an AI-winning run).

Daly is a likeable character.

1 Like

I heard from a good source that he was a bit of an arrogant prick at the All-Stars back in the day.

He always wears that red one; been doing that for years.

Just saw the Peter Casey incident… Looked like he got a punch in the ribs, swung back and hit Deegan’s left hand and it was so powerful his legs buckled from it and the pain shot up to his right hand … JFK’s magic bullet wouldn’t get a look in.

Fat head Dowling is some cunt for sure…

He is, I’ll give you him. I like Derek, there’s not a bad bone in him

County board should be fined so.

1 Like