Allianz National Hurling League 2024

If more teams played like that, we could have a good year :smile:

i wouldn’t be too harsh there, Galway have bigger problems than Conor Cooney.

1 Like

No doubt but he doesn’t get enough criticism compared to fellow donkey Jayo. He’ll be a big deficit come summer.

Thought we were decent. Fitness levels already look better. Less aimless ball. Just can’t leave a tipp side in semple an 8 point leadat the start of both halves.
Thought we were good enough. Some good performances. Few fringe players coming on. Disappointed not to get a draw but :person_shrugging:
Tipp.were pretty decent too.

1 Like

OConnor has a look of Shane McGowan about him.

2 Likes

Yeah if they cut out the basic errors today they would have been fine. Gifted a whole hape of cheap scores away. If those errors persist then it becomes a problem.

1 Like

Ronan Maher has the look of 28 days later about him.

1 Like

I’d add I absolutely love Ronan Maher.

I think we are still making progress. Cannot fault the effort, that was great from everyone.
Niland took a right shoulder to the head. Not sure what tipp were squealing about. Should have been yellow. Borderline red.

Conor Whelan must have run about 20 miles today. Absolutely brilliant effort.

2 Likes

Never like losing to the yokels, especially down in deliverance country. But the simple fact is that we’re carrying a lot of bang average hurlers in our panel atm.

Glennon isn’t a wing back from what I have seen so far this year.

Good game for the time of year. Lots of honest endeavour. Tipp seem to be unearthing a few options. Hope to see Kenneally to good effect later in the year. O Connor has really come on. Bowe superb as was Connors. I’ll reserve judgement on Byrne. Discipline or lack of could be an issue here. Tynan worked his socks off. Inside line are very frustrating. John McGrath might be able to eke out a few years in his brothers role when he eventually retires. Kennedy was very quiet. Connolly was a loss in the engine room. Morgan was superb. Result came at a cost with injuries to O Mara and Morris. 2 big players cant afford to be without. Positive start to the year.

2 Likes

That was funny at the end when the butty Tipp #25 ran over the Galway #9 & then goaded him on the ground.

I’d say we have a lot of good hurlers, but fewer great ones than you’d need at present to have a proper crack at an AI.
I honestly thought we played really well in patches, and were tough, fit and committed throughout. Can’t ask for any more than that. Thought it was a great effort.

1 Like

Not as funny as Wexford yesterday

I honestly thought we played really well in patches, and were tough, fit and committed throughout. Can’t ask for any more than that. Thought it was a great effort.

2 Likes

You always seem to bond with the butty small lads

And vice captain to compound it

1 Like

You’d be as well to bulldoze Semple Stadium to the ground at this stage. The pitch is a swamp with any kind of bad weather and the stadium a death trap and a tragedy waiting to happen with any kind of a big crowd there.

2 Likes