Allianz National Hurling League 2024

There were parts of the pitch that looked downright dangerous. Massive furrows that you could sow spuds on.

So sad to see the hallowed ground in such a state. Where’s Donal Dose when you need him?

In the old days Semple Stadium wouldn’t see a match for 7 months of the year but thanks to endless round robins, winter hurling and league fixtures the surface can’t handle the extra workload.

4 Likes

Heavy session this morning?

The weather in Tipperary was also freakishly poor yesterday.

Himself & Sean Ryan went very well I thought.

Gearoid O’Connor was clear MOTM

Keohe hurled ok when introduced, Craig Morgan excellent throughout, Ronan made a few big catches when Tipp were under the cosh.

Thought John McGrath was lucky to see the game out and his touch was poor throughout. He just won’t cut it unless he’s closer to goal.

Tynan was ok, Bowe ok also.

Surprisingly enough Byrne did fine & hurled better than Breen.

Connor’s took his scores okay but game bypassed him a bit I thought. Kennedy similar.

Like to see Seymour get a chance next day.

Walked it afterwards. Was tight but in good order imo

I’d say Waterford were down 9 championship starters today. So it wasn’t that bad of a performance. Looking at the respective teams I thought we’d be beat by 5-10 points. But Davy seems to have a bit of a spirit going in the panel. Of the team that started I’d say only Shaun o Brien, Mark Fitzgerald, Conor Ryan, Stephen Bennett. Neil Montgomery and Michael Kiely will start in championship.

Jack Prendergast

1 Like

Cahill and Davy appear to have turned Michael Kiely into an awful mullocker.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/padhraicgreene/status/1756757341410570313?t=7c0brYsozDayEzrztbt0cA&s=19

1 Like

Was in good nick considering. Figured it must have battered rain because it’s a great place

Limerick be in at around 9 or 10 in the power rankings after today. As lads said twas great while it lasted

We’re fucked

1 Like

Houses near Limerick Junction got flooded out of it yesterday which I’d say never happened before.

It was end of days stuff.

I was hoping that someone would burst the fucker. Or at least that Lyons would throw the ball in. It would soften a lot lads cough if refs starting doing it.

2 Likes

The dulcet tones an unparalleled insights of Ursula.

2 Likes

There has always been a strong body of opinion that Liam Sheedy is a bit of a moron. It’s certainly being copper-fastened by him being unable to make a point without referring to the script in front of him.

3 Likes

Commitment is there, which is is always good to see. But i would consider that a given tbh. Just think we’re a bit off it at present and our best players are still the lads that were at their peak in 2017.

2 Likes

I see Waterford have gone full Limerick with a sponsorless jersey - is that a temporary or permanent thing? Have TQS pulled out?