Allianz National Hurling League 2024

this is a bit of a trimming

1 Like

As in good or bad?

Not sure they could have done any more once he got the step on his man

Billy Nolan is a very good hurler

Does Davy know they’re 10 points behind? He might try playing with a few forwards

1 Like

Cork after falling asleep, Waterford subs have improved things.

2 Likes

Nearly threw it away

Pretty putrid game.

I don’t fancy that Saunderson in the goals.

Cork forward line still reliant on Harnedy when push comes to shove.

McCarthy is a good ball player at 4. Might struggle defensively as the season progresses.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/gaaleaguetables/status/1761809110876463227?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

@Aertel220 1 win from the last 2 likely to be enough, or maybe even 1 draw, for Wexford to secure a place in the 7-team division 1 for next season given Dublin are unlikely to end up with more than 4 points & they have a much weaker scoring difference?

Wexford drawing their way to League safety the same way they drew their way to that Leinster title in 2019.

11 Likes

Correct. I wouldn’t like to count on the one draw permutation though because Waterford have a superior scoring difference and Cork are yet to play Offaly which should enhance their scoring column.

A big one the next day out away to Waterford. Due to a combination of injuries and retirement (Shaun Murphy) there won’t be that much of a crossover between the Wexford starting team and lads who attended his wedding in 2019. Sure to be an emotional day for Davy so it is.

1 Like

True enough. Hadn’t factored in that Cork & Waterford could both leapfrog us if we only draw with one of them & lose to the other to leave us 5th. 1 win should do it though.

1 Like

Will a draw v Waterford and Cork be enough to keep us up🤔

Wouldnt it be some craic if we got the win we need against Davy in Waterford🤣

Nice baller McCarthy is alright. Be interesting to see what he has to do when he is marking someone.

Cork very slowly getting all the moving parts in place. 1-4 are the obvious problems.

Would moving Joyce to 3 be worth it?

A few of the younger brigade to my eyes are starters now.

Roche and O Connell in MF, Barrett and Twomey at 10 + 12.

1 Like

Where’s Ben Cunningham?

1 Like

Eoin Downey surely worth a look at 3 as well.

I think he is the long term option there alright. Not this year though.

When is Fitzgibbon back? They’ll surely put him at 11 again. A passenger in MF.

Waterford will beat Cork in the Round Robin first day out in the newly renovated Huwawei Walsh Park.

Probably beat both of em