Alright sort of the year 2023

My annual inclusion of Paul Heaton.

https://twitter.com/PaulHeatonSolo/status/1677060692094885890?t=VdSaMjlf46lWcrQgAIpQKA&s=19

1 Like

Kirk Cousins

Cait Oā€™Riordan.
I see here in the Instagram thingy and she seems an incredibly nice person living a great life.

1 Like

Christy Heffernan

1 Like

Im a messenger boy

1 Like

I hope you use eco friendly transport.

1 Like

Watching it here, in stitches at him :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Aaron Ramsdale and Mikel Arteta

Fucking fantastic piece from Ramsdale -this bit stands out

This is where things get a bit serious, Iā€™m afraid.

There are things that go on in our lives that the public has no idea about, and the past year has been an emotional rollercoaster for me and my family. After the high of climbing to the top of the Premier League table and going off to my first World Cup, my wife and I found out that we were expecting our first child. Mikel gave me a few extra days off after the World Cup, so we went on a brief holiday. It was genuinely the happiest time of our lives. And yeah ā€¦ thereā€™s no easy way to say this, but I feel like itā€™s important that people know.ā€¦

On the flight home, my wife had a miscarriage.

Thereā€™s really no way that I can describe the pain of that six-hour flight back to London, even now. I just want people out there to know that theyā€™re not alone if theyā€™re going through it themselves. When we got back, I didnā€™t tell many people what happened. Only my family, my teammates, and of course Mikel. He was fantastic about everything. Even in the middle of the title race, with so much pressure on the club, he asked me if I needed some time off to deal with everything. Mikel went above and beyond to make sure me and my family were OK.

For me, thatā€™s a manager.

We donā€™t always see eye-to-eye on everything. We have some very florid conversations about football sometimes. But he cares so much about his players, and he forever has my respect for how he handled our grief.

1 Like

Kevin Bakhurst

I donā€™t think heā€™s a great speaker.
But he might be an alright sort.
Time will tellā€¦ā€¦

Roisin Murphy

1 Like

Kieran McCarthy - Lord Mayor of Cork

https://twitter.com/culladgh/status/1695471138766237993

8 Likes

That cunt Lahive could do with a good beating

1 Like

Itā€™s the ridicule they canā€™t deal with.

I recall some years ago Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and his fascist goons tried to invade Liverpool. They were met with the theme from the Benny Hill Show being blasted out and left with their tails well and truly between their legs.

1 Like

He was arrested last night

Iā€™d rather he had the shit kicked out of him but itā€™s something :man_shrugging:

Ewan saying the lord mayor (who was high) assaulted the camera man

Iā€™d say Qewanā€™s favourite film character is Biff Tannen his favourite cartoon character is probably Skeletor.

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1695772548732957051

I absolutely support Lord Mayors assaulting cunts like that, go on the Lord Mayor :+1::+1:

Didnā€™t assault him a quarter enough unfortunately

3 Likes

Dave Grohl. (story from a while back, but Grohl is still an alright sort).