American Mass Shootings / Stabbings / Car Crashes/bridge collapses

If this is terrorism and these lads are carrying out an ISIS inspired attack, with millitary style weapons freely available in the US, will there be gun control measures introduced? This could be a tricky conundrum for some people.

No. How well did gun controls in Europe work in stopping the Paris attacks? You’re being naive Fitzy, this is a complex problem and banning guns won’t solve it or help solve it in the slightest. This attack, if ISIS inspired, will result in more Americans arming themselves and carrying concealed weapons.

It’s also very bad for Obama and Hillary who are seen as soft on terrorism. Could be good for Jeb if he starts going on the offensive and quoting a few of his brothers speeches.

I was being facetious and hoped you would have seen the argument that no one will make. Of course what you’re saying is correct, I’d imagine this will be like Christmas at gun stores and the highly regulated gun shows across America now (well, yes, it is Christmas, but you get the idea). Yep, bad for the democrats indeed. The GOP will be creaming itself at this. I might even watch a few minutes of Fox News tonight for a laugh.

Hannity is foaming at the mouth.

So no change there then.

I was on a boat this morning with an “off duty” coastguard, fine looking bird. Twas for an oul dive. Anyway, a couple of jinnets hear me asking about her job and they come up thanking her for her service and how proud they are. A crowd soon gathers round and they’re back-slapping and hard-dee-hawing “fuckin muslims” and the likes. Amadáin.

Are coastguards part of the military?

The point is Fitzy that gun availability in the US likely didn’t cause (or help stop) this attack, no more than restrictions on guns in Europe hindered or helped the Paris attacks. If demented people want to kill they will find a way to do it and find access to weapons, legally or illegally.

More importantly, what part of her anatomy were you slapping (against)?

So basically the message is “Free guns for everyone!” or something to that effect.
My god, the Amercian political class will be going apeshit about this. Every Muslim in the states will have a barcode on their foreheads by January.

Kelly, hannity, o Reilly, when did the paddies turn into republicans labane? The gun debate doesn’t relate to this at all.

1 Like

Not this Paddy, can’t stand the Fox crazies but they tend to get the news out quicker than others. The problem here is all Muslims will be blamed which isn’t the problem, no more than guns.

Syed Farook apparently was an inspector with the county health department and was at the office party. But he and his missus and another accomplice are hardly going to do this over an little office tiff, they would surely have some political motives, so I’m going with a terrorist attack.

Police press conference now. Two dead suspects identified, one male (first named suspect Syed Farook) and a female (wife or partner). No mention or confirmation of Qatar suspect so that could be bullshit (or not), or it could be the female (or not). Female identified as Tashfeen Malik, wife of Syed. Possibly no Qatar connection. Fox devastated, searching frantically for jihadi motive.

In case people want to change their profile pictures…

1 Like

This is obviously a terrorist attack. This is not the time for calm heads. Action is needed immediately.

2 Likes

1 gun sold every 2 seconds on Black Friday. No wonder this type of shit happens. We only hear about the big ones but its as common as car crashes over here.

I hate when they say “thoughts and prayers”. As if any of those politicians pray for one.

1 Like

Last night a twitter account replying to the #thoughtsandprayers posts from politicians with the donation they received from the NRA during their last election campaign - https://twitter.com/igorvolsky

Crazy how much money the NRA donates to politicians. No wonder gun laws don’t change over there.