Another casualty of the recession

Yep but only xtravision is affected.

@Fagan_ODowd, according to the news HMV are going to honour all xtravision vouchers.

Ah, so basically it’s just gonna have a name change ?

No the shops are closed. No name change or anything like that. They are gone. Consigned to history.

Local Xtra Visions in Wexford have had having closing down sales since start of January. They’ve replaced them with automated machines in supermarkets now where you can get a DVD for 2.99 for a night that was previously 5.45 in the shop.

Payment only by card so they can penalise the fuck out of you for not returning it. How it took until 2016 for them to figure this business model out I’ll never know.

1 Like

They’ve had those machines for 3 or 4 years now.

‘Conach’ Stokes, estranged wife of one of the Stokes twins along with her 3 childeren are casualties of the recession according to today’s papers.

Keenan Mixer Wagons

:smile:

Conach

I believe it’s the Irish for cunt.

1 Like

This is coming 3 years.

Such an arrogant crowd you could not deal with, over pushy salesmen, mediocre product & design of machine which was 15 years behind the times.

Sad for the 200 odd workforce but Meath based Nutritionist Company Alltech seem set up to buy the business.

They were the originals in that particular area as they were previously for many decades in farmyard sheds. As you’ve alluded to longevity invariably breeds complacency and falling behind the times. Competition is fierce in the farm machinery business in a shrinking market.

the arse must’ve fallen out of the business in the last two years - seem to be ok up to 2013?

oh wait i looked at the wrong accounts.

Just like the time you audited Anglo

11 Likes

The key issue was the market had changed significantly to Tub Feeder machines which can handle Round Bales of hay, silage & straw easily.

The Keenan Feeder was only suitable for Pit Silage or Maize & Meal. They refused to produce what the market wanted & fell on their own sword essentially.

Hi-Spec was your only job anyway.

Dunph used to get his dinner from a tub feeder

3 Likes

I feel for Conach and her brood. Borlottie, which the Stokes brothers run, has been a game changer due to providing hot healthy lunches to extremely important and busy businessman who need to get their healthy fix on the go.

However I have noticed in recent weeks there have been items ‘mistakenly’ added to the bill or extras I have ordered, such as feta or avocado, missing from my order. This could be down to incompetent staff or even more sinister due to an edict from the Stokes’s’s’s’s. So Conach, I also know what it feels like to be shortchanged by the boyez.

#TeamConachAndKids

1 Like

Who keeps giving these Stokes lads money? They’ve left a mess behind them a few times now.

Great guys, top top blokes.