Another casualty of the recession

Tramco is shut.

What a crying shame, even though I got barred from there a few years ago and was never let in there again.

I dont think it ever recovered from the shame of a Leinster player being knifed in there, imagine, turning on your core target market like that.

Luke put in a turbocharged performance dedicated to Tramcos memory today

Devastating news.

Never recovered from the makeover when they began to target the D4 market.

jesus, don’t tell kylie fan

No question they lost their way sometime around 2004 when they put alot of money into it needlessly really. When full it was a big club. I hadnt been in there for year, but we used always get preferential treatment and never paid in there when coming from training.

My favourite memory would be seeing Paul Ormonde slumped on the old bar over on the left asleep after a monster session in Rathmines. I had seen him flaming earlier in Rody’s with John O’Brien. Great times.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]No question they lost their way sometime around 2004 when they put alot of money into it needlessly really. When full it was a big club. I hadnt been in there for year, but we used always get preferential treatment and never paid in there when coming from training.

My favourite memory would be seeing Paul Ormonde slumped on the old bar over on the left asleep after a monster session in Rathmines. I had seen him flaming earlier in Rody’s with John O’Brien. Great times.[/quote]

he he, classic.

Quick one for you off topic, was today the first time Patrick Mullins had fallen off, jesus if I came off myself I would have known better than to stand up in front of an oncoming horse.

I’d say it was, he got a fair thump off the other horse. Never seen a jockey met full on by a horse like that. Personally I don’t think he did alot wrong, but the comparisons to Tony Mullins falling off Dawn Run back in the 80s have emerged already. There was a media storm after that, calling for Jonjo O’Neill to be returned to the plate of that great mare.

I will bow to your superior knowledge on this SS*, didnt think he did a whole pile wrong either but if I had backed him I would have preferred him to kick on and jump the last without the distraction of another horse. Twas a novicey mistake by the horse, but if it had happened 5 out there wouldnt have been a mention of pilot error.

He got a savage knock off the horse coming at him alright, them jockeys are tough boys the way he sprang back up after it.

[quote=“dancarter”]

He got a savage knock off the horse coming at him alright, them jockeys are tough boys the way he sprang back up after it.[/quote]

He’s tough enough for a Clongowes boy alright, though he’d probably shit himself if he met a PBC or Munchins boy of course.

Hed be screaming for Jugs no doubt.

Did he ever play any rugby, played rugby with a few amateur jockeys andlads involved in the hroses and fook me there was no getting to the end of them. I would have done a bit of hunting myself as a young fella and it would toughen you up alright, hanging on for dear life and the two arms being pulled out of there sockets!

A sad sad day, it really was a cracking spot before the makeover. I think the ongoing success of Coppers show that the old saying is true - if it aint broke don’t fix it. Had some great nights in there during college, it really filled the void that was left when the 1.50/€2 student nights in the Palace were stopped. We even tried to hire the place once, a mate of mine does a cracking impression of Pat Dolan and we rang the manager Tom and tried to book the venue for Cork City’s unveiling of Robbie Doyle (also used to ring Robbie Doyle pretending to be Pat), managed to get Tom to give us a quote and promised we’d call him a few days later when the signing was finalised. Great days.

Was never the same after the renovations but had a few decent nights in it when myself, Ledge, the Green Hen and the Lil B used to live 150 steps from its door, but it gradually started getting a rougher crowd so stopped going.

I remember going in there about 8 years ago just after it was openened, I was drinking with a mid 20 something crowd from my part time job. Mad to think, but it was actually really exclusive back then. Went a few times while in UCD but it was never a favourite haunt. Have been there twice since then, in the past 2 years or so, total kip and full of kids but sure fair play to the kids, I wonder where they will all go now…

Think the place opened up as I was leaving the Southside back at the end of the 90’s. Had a look in around that time but never since. Good spot.

The mad thing about these developments, and Pal Joey is another example, is that no-one is going to buy these places, they are going to be abandoned and boarded up. I hope all the young nippers from Tramco don’t try to take over toast :frowning:

Nah they won’t head to Toast I’d say. Fireworks shut down and the town was booming. Not the no brainer it often appeared to be, opening a pub/club in this town it seems.

True enough SS*. Fireworks was a great spot for a very short time before everyone decided to find better places to head on a Friday and Saturday night. toast is the business though, it would be the end of the place if kids started heading in there and ruining the buzz.

Toast is decent alright sledge, haven’t been in there in years, must head up that way some night. Slatterys/Mother Reillys/Toast used to be a regular triangle for me when I decided to boycott Rodys for six months back in 2003.

Have only been in Rody’s once or twice in the past few years, wouldn’t be a favourite of mine. Rathmines is a great alternative to town, but I suppose when I say Rathmines I mean toast, not many great spots there apart from it. Would go to the Rathmines Inn now and again but no atmosphere in there, usually fairly empty. Was it called toast in 2003, or was it something else in between the Station and toast?

I used to live just around the corner from Tramco in the late 90’s when it first opened (Sledge, it was never exclusive, never) always found it a strange place, a cattle market trying to be something a bit more sophisticated, but never quite getting there. A happy hunting ground for me though, I pulled every time I was in there.

Rody’s is a place I never quite got either, a lovely looking pub, but totally devoid of atmosphere.

[quote=“Fitzy”]
Rody’s is a place I never quite got either, a lovely looking pub, but totally devoid of atmosphere.[/quote]

it’s full of tipp men, what were you expecting ??