Another GGA scandal- this is becoming boring now

No better paper than the Indo to put the boot in, in these circumstances, as an GAA man will tell you. Fooking horrible tabloid of a newspaper.

Either way, gobsheens should be able to play a game without all having to hug each other in a big fooking huddle, and supporters should NEVER join in. Its fookers that run in that should be banned.

[quote=“Locke”]Ahoy there LINK, you away for a while?

The Lockes are on a 2 game winning streak, straight back up I tells ya!![/QUOTE]

Had a while off Work there to celebrate the birth of my sceond Son.

Congrats boy.

Great saying down here when you ask a guy what (sex of child) did his wife have, was it a boy or do you have to go again… :smiley:

I hate O’Rourke. As big of a cunt as there is around.

I’m always harping on about dicipline and the punishment, but until the punishment gets sorted out, the dicipline wont. A lad gets sent off, appeals it, and is back in for championship. Or if he doesnt get off, he appeals to another board, and then another after that. And for wasting all that time nothing happens. Lads will go and burst lads out of it and get no punishment for it. Corner backs will pile up a heap of yellow cards in a season but nothing happens as a result. Refs will give a second yellow card to a blatand red card offence and no suspension. Its bollix.

What is needed is on Monday mornings, throughout the country, is to have a diciplinary meeting for all the weekends action. So the central GAA office will deal with county games, and county offices with their own local c’ships. By monday lunchtime, inform players and officials of the offences and suspensions. Have a further hearing on Wednesday evenings then for players who want to appeal. If you lose your appeal, you get additional suspension. If you win it, its either reduced or let off. Its a simple solution instead of the CCA and the CCCC and the CAC or whatever other stupid diciplinary hearing boards there are.

Once the suspensions are in and effective, there will be a reduction in offences on the pitch. Its like anything. If you know you can do it and get away with it, you’ll do it. If you know you’ll be punished for it, you wont chance it so often.

Good man yourself, two sons, thats the fooking way to do it.

[quote=“Gman”]I’m always harping on about dicipline and the punishment, but until the punishment gets sorted out, the dicipline wont. A lad gets sent off, appeals it, and is back in for championship. Or if he doesnt get off, he appeals to another board, and then another after that. And for wasting all that time nothing happens. Lads will go and burst lads out of it and get no punishment for it. Corner backs will pile up a heap of yellow cards in a season but nothing happens as a result. Refs will give a second yellow card to a blatand red card offence and no suspension. Its bollix.

What is needed is on Monday mornings, throughout the country, is to have a diciplinary meeting for all the weekends action. So the central GAA office will deal with county games, and county offices with their own local c’ships. By monday lunchtime, inform players and officials of the offences and suspensions. Have a further hearing on Wednesday evenings then for players who want to appeal. If you lose your appeal, you get additional suspension. If you win it, its either reduced or let off. Its a simple solution instead of the CCA and the CCCC and the CAC or whatever other stupid diciplinary hearing boards there are.

Once the suspensions are in and effective, there will be a reduction in offences on the pitch. Its like anything. If you know you can do it and get away with it, you’ll do it. If you know you’ll be punished for it, you wont chance it so often.[/QUOTE]

Can you bullet point that please? From the gist of it, I wouldf agree with what you’re saying though.

this hugging s*it comes from Aussie Rules and to a lesser extent Rugby…fella’s square up to eachother grab a hold of eachother’s jersey and push it into their face with a closed fist nicely wrapped in the jersey…or pinching the adam’s apple is another one…you struggle to breathe…grabbing a lad where his tit meets his armpit and squeezing as hard as you can seems to be popular with the northies…if you’ve any excess fat by fook you’ll feel the twist… to a naive ref it looks like nothing more than pushing or holding a lad…they’re all acts of provaction that you wouldn’t generally notice and its all aimed at forcing someone to lash out with a punch…sneaky as fook

thats why i couldnt believe it when the aussies used the pasty Irish players as punch bags- throwing punches has beem stamped out of Gayfl as the bans are too severe.its not in GayFL at all then all of a sudden the Pasty irish GGA players were racially abusing them, tackling them off the ball etc & they let loose -

No bother to Casey to do it either, by the way.

Mate, I know you’re more intelligent than that. The GAA players went for the punch up, alright, but the Aussie fellas were delighted to have it so. Gave them the opportunity to fling the punches, become heroes in their little tribe, and with no retribution. Once the retribution and suspensions came in, they crawled back into their holes pretty quickly.

bollox…that lad picks his victims…he’s lied down to plenty…

Of course he does, he’s a sneaky wee coont who acts the hard man when it suits with his dirty acts.

Bonnar can be put into that category too the dope.

if a AFL player went back to his club with a suspension because he pushed around a windy little GGA player the club would be absolutely seething- id say that would be it with that team releasing players for the international rules- will be interesting to see what happens when it happens .

[quote=“Gman”]I’m always harping on about dicipline and the punishment, but until the punishment gets sorted out, the dicipline wont. A lad gets sent off, appeals it, and is back in for championship. Or if he doesnt get off, he appeals to another board, and then another after that. And for wasting all that time nothing happens. Lads will go and burst lads out of it and get no punishment for it. Corner backs will pile up a heap of yellow cards in a season but nothing happens as a result. Refs will give a second yellow card to a blatand red card offence and no suspension. Its bollix.

Once the suspensions are in and effective, there will be a reduction in offences on the pitch. Its like anything. If you know you can do it and get away with it, you’ll do it. If you know you’ll be punished for it, you wont chance it so often.[/QUOTE]

Your right in what you say there for the most part, but i still think there is a few rule changes needed in football, for both the play of the game and the discipline.

Exactly, the players will be on their best behaviour as a result of this.

Personally I think its still a bastardised sport, neither one nor the other, we might as play with a sliothar for all its worth.

No harm to see the macho men cagged though.

definitely, but I think the dicipline punishment for now is the main thing. lads know they will get off with pulling and dragging, and they talk about these new yellow card things as being punishment? is there anything to stop them doing it in each game they play? no, because there is no further punishment. the new yellow card is a cowards red card.

and for the lazy laois cunt:

[LIST]on Monday mornings, throughout the country, have a diciplinary meeting for all the weekends action. [/LIST]
[LIST]Central GAA office will deal with county games, and county offices with their own local c’ships.
[/LIST]
[LIST]By monday lunchtime, inform players and officials of the offences and suspensions.
[/LIST]
[LIST]Have a further hearing on Wednesday evenings then for players who want to appeal.
[/LIST]
[LIST]If you lose your appeal, you get additional suspension. If you win it, its either reduced or let off.
[/LIST]

[quote=“myboyblue”]Exactly, the players will be on their best behaviour as a result of this.

Personally I think its still a bastardised sport, neither one nor the other, we might as play with a sliothar for all its worth.

No harm to see the macho men cagged though.[/QUOTE]

I can see whythe AFL players are on their best behaviour but the shit would hit the fan if they were banned for games because of the inetrnational rules

i dont think AFL fans are too pushed on it either.

the funny thing is that in queensland afl is seen as a poofs sport

would you not be confident of wiping the floor with an amateur if you were a full time athlete?..If you ever watched how the AFL teams train you’ll know they do a boxing training and sparring in their training…add that to morning and afternoon sessions of weight lifting in the gym and you have quite a capable being…add to that the fundementals of Aussie rules could be considered quite cowardly… where a you are allowed 3rd man tackle and also where you’re not encourged to pick up a bouncing ball in a scatter of players as they are all waiting for someone other than themselves to do it so they can cream you…then throw in the fact they are spawned by convicts…all that training & strength and no pedigree or honour…potent mix…

[quote=“north county corncrake”]I can see whythe AFL players are on their best behaviour but the shit would hit the fan if they were banned for games because of the inetrnational rules

i dont think AFL fans are too pushed on it either.

the funny thing is that in queensland afl is seen as a poofs sport[/QUOTE]

I get the impression Toyota, Coca Cola, Fosters, and the TV are the big players behind this. And of course the AFL and GAA heads who like an aul junket.