Anti Dublin bias and vitriol thread

Crash didn’t happen on my watch.

I was young and rash but it was just incredibly boring.

I expected nothing less from a canny operator.

Not that you didnt contribute to it, simply that you’d blame the other guy.

The rule usually is, the closer we live to the workplace…the later we are.

My brief stint with flexi-time was a waste. I set my target at -4 hours. So if I owed them 5 hours, I’d work an extra 1. But if I only owed them 3, i effectively was owed an hour and would leave early.

Naturally I was promoted pretty quickly

2 Likes

So the less flex you take the better the chance of promotion?

In eleven months I never took a flexi day and was never in positive in the flexi clock.

You’d want to be incredibly disciplined to work up the flex alright. I found sickies to be a better option. Well, I did until I went golfing one day when it was cloudy. Breeze picked up and got scalded. Took a few days extra cos I was scarlet but sure I was bronze going back in.

7 Likes

God bless the state/semi state sector and all who sail in her

1 Like

Fellas can “work it up” at home now.

1 Like

There’s a bit of pushback on that as you’ll have to clock in at home then

They’re doing it in my department AFAIK

Some WFHers were complaining that they have to go to the office and clock in to work up Flexi. I’d much rather that arrangement than having to clock in at home

1 Like

Yeah but just keep the mouse moved till 7 a few nights a week and you’ve a day off

Isn’t it a fairly pathetic comment on society that we have to punch in a certain amount of hours rather than just getting paid a certain amount of money to a certain job.

I worked shift in a factory once where we had a specific job to do as a team on each shift. During the day (when all office staff, bosses etc were there) it took us exactly 8 hours. On night shift we burst ourselves to do it in 3 or 4 and sat around talking shite and playing 25 for the rest of the night.

2 Likes

They should have incentivised ye to go full throttle for all of the night shift.

Not biased :blush::blush::wink:just facts

Hateful and hurtful here from @maurice_brown

1 Like

When I was a young lad I worked in a permanent pensionable job that was incredibly boring so I left it

1 Like