Anti-Public Sector media buzzwords

Teachers on 11 hours a week aren’t desperately struggling to make a living. They’re “cosseted”.

A nurse in an understaffed ward, attending to patients’ every need is part of a sick, “bloated” system.

A fireman who sees a large precentage of his pay compulsorily taken away from him to put into into a pot he may never see is swanning it on a “gold-plated” pension.

Train drivers don’t drive trains. They drive a “gravy train”.

“Rolls Royce pension”

underappreciated

The protected, pampered public sector cartel is driving a wedge between itself and the poor, suffering private sector. They are dividing this society*.

*There is no such thing as society.

“you can´t get fired in the civil service”

job for life

We need to reform* the system.

*reform = a word with positive connotations - you can’t argue against reform, even if it means making thousands of people unemployed, resulting in increased social welfare payments and less spending in private businesses, increasing the likelihood of theses business closing, meaning more people unemployed and resulting in increased social welfare payments and less spending by these laid off workers in in other private sector businesses, increasing the likelihood of these businesses closing, meaning more people unemployed…

Jobsworth

Ten free sickies a year

We need to trim the fat.

8 mate…

[quote=Sidney" data-cid=“733359” data-time="1359762568]
The protected, pampered public sector cartel is driving a wedge between itself and the poor, suffering private sector. They are dividing this society*. 

*There is no such thing as society.
[/quote]

If you must quote it, quote it right.

“I think we’ve been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it’s the government’s job to cope with it. ‘I have a problem, I’ll get a grant.’ ‘I’m homeless, the government must house me.’ They’re casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It’s our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There’s no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation.”

I did.

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?/topic/17178-post-your-unpopular-political-opinions/?p=712714]http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?/topic/17178-post-your-unpopular-political-opinions/?p=712714

quote it in context so.

We need to run this country like a small business.

[quote=Sidney" data-cid=“733381” data-time="1359764030]
We need to run this country like a small business.
[/quote]

a corner shop

we need a leader like Sean Dunne, bernard Macnamara, Sean Quinn, bill cullen type in charge…a real business brain…a visionary…

down to 3.5 a year now

yep…but not calendar year…always from your last sick day…

standard practice in Aus across the board, kind of counted as annual leave

back when I kind of fancied becoming one of these big cats, I got a book as a gift, ‘Leaders’ by Ivor Kenny.

Gas looking back on it over Xmas, has interviews with all these, Seanie Fitzpatrick etc. how the mighty have fallen