Any youtube video producers on here?

I would greatly appreciate the national anthem being uploaded from last night, (tv coverage). Duffer carried away with fervent patriotism was a sight to behold.

If someone could put up footage from end of RTE’s coverage (piss take of DAA ad) last night I’d be most appreciative.

I have been given a couple of DVDs of matches we have played over here which were recorded. What is the best way to save these to my laptop and what would be the best way to edit them and upload a few clicks to youtube?

I would use something like WinAVI - if you’ve lost your copy, you can download a “trial” from a torrent site.

If you want to edit highlights then use Windows Movie Maker or something like that - might be on your laptop already depending on your windows version.

I use a video editing software called pinnacle. You can find it on torrent sites for a download. very easy to use and has a lot of additional functions you can use to make a decent highlights package.

Windows Movie Maker is all I have ever used to edit videos. Pretty easy to use.

I have managed to save the MP4 video files on my laptop, when I try and import them through the Windows Movie Maker the preview window on the left hand side stays blank. When I press the play bar it goes through the 30 odd minutes on the file but the preview screen stays empty

Any ideas? The files work fine when I play them in the windows media player and VLC media player

Can’t remember screen exactly but have you dragged the clip onto the timeline at the bottom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GREeD2icUo

I have seen WMM act weird when the video being imported is very big. How big is the file?

[QUOTE=“cluaindiuic, post: 947197, member: 258”]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GREeD2icUo

I have seen WMM act weird when the video being imported is very big. How big is the file?[/QUOTE]

Fairly big - 35 minutes each in lengt- forget the actual size

Figured it out. Had to wait until the preparing file bar at the very bottom had completed, which takes a bit of time for such big files

Yeah that rings a bell. You should be sorted now.