Apple

If you were a hacker, would you write code that impacts 90% of the machines in the world or 10%?

1 Like

I hope boy as twas a pressie to get him started TBF I bought him a Samsung S22 jobbie a few years back and he still has it,
Not into brands etc
Iā€™ve a guy 40 today heā€™s the same ,never into apple ,levis,etc etc
Now my grand kids are a whole different kettle of fish, especially the girls
Divas

Hacking Jonny Lee Miller GIF

1 Like

Be careful lads with androids

Matt Cooper made a great point in how to spend some of the ā‚¬13bn on his podder with Ivan Yeats - build student accommodation at all colleges and universities to deal with all students the facility. These buildings can be used in the summer to deal with the tourist influx. All regions get the bounce from this - Letterkenny, Waterford, Athlone, Carlow, Tralee etc etc, and most importantly, itā€™s a legacy and itā€™s tangible. It also helps ease the pressure on housing our students and frees up homes for the rest of us.

1 Like

They need to just throw it up against the debt. Irish politicians wouldnā€™t get a road from Limerick to Clonlara built for 13bn

1 Like

The perimeters of their discussion was that you couldnā€™t pay for current expenditure - so the example given was stop paying for USC for 2.5 years only for it to be reintroduced. It would be spent with a legacy in mind.

From someone whoā€™s stayed in NUIG student accom during race week back in the day, I donā€™t think the Yanks would be buying this.

1 Like

Yes we need somewhere to house all the tourists who want to flock to Carlow and Athlone.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the sort of cynicism that has us where we are.

1 Like

Apple will set up a shell company and be awarded the contract to build an auld boithrƬn in Bohola for 13bn. Itā€™ll run into difficulties and along with inflation weā€™ll get it done for 20bn.

3 Likes

The tax-payer will make up the difference. Thereā€™ll be an inquiry. It will take ages and cost us a bigger fortune. It will, by design, implicate no one. Lessons will be learned. Apple will get the next contract of this type

1 Like

Apple will set up a shell company called APPLEY and theyā€™ll give a detailed report on where and how those lessons can be learned.

1 Like

Many current politicians brothers and cousins will coincidentally end up on the board of this company

1 Like

Iā€™m hearing the 13 billion will pay for the reunification of Ireland.

Apples and Oranges

3 Likes

LESSONS WILL BE LEARNED

2 Likes

Yeats and Fagan both pooh poohed the idea with equal cynicism

William or Jack?