Apple

Apple shares dropped $50+ bucks this morning to open below $460. A far cry from the $700 and climbing of a few months back

Jesus. That’s a huge drop this morning for established company.

Android is killing them.

Apple trading at less than 10 times earnings now.

Meanwhile Netflix is up 30% today and trading @ 190 times earnings :lol:

It’s a funny game

Sure I told ye that 4 months ago.

[I]Apple has been told it cannot register its iPhone trademark in Brazil.

The tech giant applied for exclusive rights to the name in Brazil in 2007 when it launched its smartphone in the Latin American market.

However a court battle ensued after it emerged a local manufacturer had already made claim to the iPhone name, back in the year 2000.

Today’s court ruling means that while Apple can still sell its smartphones in Brazil with the iPhone name, but the local firm can sue it for exclusivity. [/I]

Whoops!

Doesn’t seem much to get excited about with the launch of 5s and 5c devices today.

Yeah. They need a new product or a new feature. Phones all at a stage now where no real wow factor. Maybe the internal features and faster processor will mean app advances.

Amazing what we take for granted in terms of technology.

Are they treading water until the iwatch or some other wearable technology?

A crowd of little girls wait anxiously for the opening of the toy store so they can be the first to get Lisa Lionheart. Smithers waits with them, too, greedily anticipating the joy. When the doors are opened, the crowd stampedes in. “Look, it’s Lisa Lionheart!”
“Keep running! We’re almost there!”

They almost make it, except an employee pulls a cart full of Malibu Stacy dolls “with NEW hat” in their path.
“They changed Malibu Stacy!”
“She is better than ever!”
Lisa: “She still embodies all the awful stereotypes she did before!”
Smithers: “But she’s got a new hat.”

Is the 5c just a poorer quality of the 5 with a coloured bit of plastic on it? It seems ridiculously expensive for something that was supposed to be priced in the lower ranges.

I can’t see anything in the 5s that is in anyway interesting. It’s faster seems to be the gist of it.

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 830298, member: 332”]Is the 5c just a poorer quality of the 5 with a coloured bit of plastic on it? It seems ridiculously expensive for something that was supposed to be priced in the lower ranges.

I can’t see anything in the 5s that is in anyway interesting. It’s faster seems to be the gist of it.[/quote]

You can lock it with your thumbprint

The 5c was launched as costing only $99.
But that’s on a 2 year contract. The SIM free price is the same price point the original iphone 5 was launched at.

Who in there right minds would want to give there finger prints to a big multinational?

It’s a pity Microsoft are so woeful at marketing their products.
The vast majority of businesses environments are built on Microsoft. If they could start getting their phones and tablets into the hands of business executives, the easier integration they provide to corporate networks would surely see them become a success.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 830316, member: 1786”]It’s a pity Microsoft are so woeful at marketing their products.
The vast majority of businesses environments are built on Microsoft. If they could start getting their phones and tablets into the hands of business executives, the easier integration they provide to corporate networks would surely see them become a success.[/quote]

Microsoft will prevail.

By default rather than by any great ingenuity on their part.

The 5c really is a poor mans phone by the looks of things!

A Nokia Tablet is supposedly on the way. And Surface 2.
I still don’t get the whole RT/iPad strategy. Microsoft need to be pushing x64 tablets and hybrids and show they are just as powerful and useful as a laptop but are now are multifaceted devices that encompass touch. As opposed to iPads\Android tablets that are much more limited in what they can do.

I have a Lumia 920 and I used to be an iPhone guy.
I can’t say I miss the iPhone at all. And any time I pick one up these days I immediately laugh at how small the screen is. The Microsoft products are good. But the ecosystem [i.e. The lack of apps] and the perpetual bad marketing are killing the products.

The ecosystem problem is a vicious circle.
People won’t make apps for your product because you don’t have enough users.
People won’t buy your products because you don’t have enough apps and you market them poorly.

Is that Moto X the new phone they launched recently? Its just a mid-range device isn’t it?

Apple had a chance to release a viable budget version of the iphone.

Their product is still too expensive for the Chinese market.

Greed and shortsightedness is a terrible thing. They could have reduced their margin greatly on this.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 830631, member: 686”]Apple had a chance to release a viable budget version of the iphone.

Their product is still too expensive for the Chinese market.

Greed and shortsightedness is a terrible thing. They could have reduced their margin greatly on this.[/quote]
But then it loses it’s allure. They want it to be a high end product.