Application

Having announced my retirement from auditing today I’ve decided I need a fresh challenge. For this reason I’m putting my name forward for the vacant managerial position at thefreekick.com.

Why am I right for this position?

• Oversaw last Monday night’s immense victory over La Manga.
  • Have worked under such luminaries as Ian Evans, Tony Mannion and therock67’s auld wan.
  • Feel I can help farmerinthecity realise his full potential.
  • Promise to stamp out Juhniallio’s disciplinary problems.

Achievements

• thefreekick.com Player of the Year 2007.
  • thefreekick.com top scorer 2007.
  • quickest hat-trick for thefreekick.com
  • most injuries for thefreekick.com
  • scored all my team’s points in the Wexford U-12 hurling county final (1993)
  • Third best hurler in Wexford behind Gizzy Lyng and Eoin Quigley (1993/4)
  • Could’ve played for Wexford but decided to become a fat mess
  • Met Ruaidhri Conroy
  • all round great guy

ClarkeyCat
via pm

Only in the team a wet week am I, but if a fella thinks he can sort out my disciplinary problems, I’m all for it. A word of warning though, the Rock67 and indeed Rock 67’s aul lad have been just two of the managers who have failed to sort out said disciplinary problem. So come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough.

You’re not a fat mess.

No, but Bandage is.

‘Oversaw last Monday night’s immense victory over La Manga.’

This is the same man who refused to take the team talk the other night, leaving it up to my good self to give a passionate oration to the side.

If I recall correctly Rocko said he was reassuming full control before the start of the season but now Clarkey’s staked his claim then Rocko should respond with his own manifesto.

I took the teamtalk but used a subtle method of talking with the players as opposed to talking down to them which is what you had asked me to do. Keeping our shape and communicating with each other was the key. That’s what I said to them and that’s what won us the game. Game. Set. Match.

I would like the two perspective managers to answer the following posers. I encourage all tfk players to post questions whereby we might judge their suitability.

1. What would you do about Stephen Ireland if you were the current Irish manager?

2. What would you best alltime Ireland 11 be?

3. Choose preferred man management type: ‘arm around a player’ or ‘hairdryer’

4. Management preferences: suit or trackies, professorial or screamer, stand or technical area?

5. Favourite screen beauty? (film or tv)

6. Favourite managerial phrase?

1. Who do you prefer - Mr Alf Stewart or Miss Sally Fletcher?
  1. First things first - I’d give everyone on the team homework to be completed before the next game where they have to bring in a family tree on a big chart. Then I’d ask them all to put a big X through anyone in their family who is no longer alive. I’d retain a copy of each family tree in my office and would consult it for crude verification of bereavment excuses.

Following on from that I’d tell Stephen Ireland to cop himself on. He’s not going to get the slightest bit of abuse if he returns to the fold now.

1. Best alltime Ireland XI

_________ Jennings ____________

Irwin__ McGrath__Blanchflower__Carey

Best___Keane____Giles_____Brady

Aldridge__Armstrong_

1. Hairdryer. Nobody will be mollycoddled in my regime

2. Suit, serene, technical area.

Tracksuit occassionally when there’s a bit of coaching required, but I’m there for my football brain.

1. Female: Kristy Wright (aka Chloe from Home and Away)
    http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:M0a6eASNtDo6iM:http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2003/cze/kristy_wright.jpg
    Male: TG4’s Neelo

2. “We’re progressing nicely”

3. Mr Alf Stewart. I have lots of time for Miss Fletcher but Mr Stewart would never make a mistake like Sally is with Brad. There’s sensible and there’s plain boring.

Juhniallio wrote:

I would like the two perspective managers to answer the following posers. I encourage all tfk players to post questions whereby we might judge their suitability.

1. What would you do about Stephen Ireland if you were the current Irish manager?

2. What would you best alltime Ireland 11 be?

3. Choose preferred man management type: ‘arm around a player’ or ‘hairdryer’

4. Management preferences: suit or trackies, professorial or screamer, stand or technical area?

5. Favourite screen beauty? (film or tv)

6. Favourite managerial phrase?

1. If I were Steve Staunton I’d kill myself.

2. Given, Finnan, McGrath, Moran, Irwin, Giles, Keane, Brady, Whelan, Stapleton, Keane.

3. Arm around a hairdryer. As previously discussed I’m able to be subtle without roaring at players. I get into their psyche you see.

4. Shorts, Leader, On-the-pitch.

5. Female - Jennifer Ellison, Male - Ruaidhri Conroy.

6. Going forward.

7. Sally Fletcher. She’s done a home video and I love her. Mr. Stewart is a legend but I don’t want to see him in a home movie.

Whelan better than Best??? Taking this Liverpool thing too far.

therock67 wrote:

Whelan better than Best??? Taking this Liverpool thing too far.

I only included Rep. Ireland players.

therock67 wrote:

1. Hairdryer. Nobody will be mollycoddled in my regime

This highlights one of Rocko’s limitations. ClarkeyCat, fragile as a buttercup as we all know, failed to track back (as he always does) in the first couple of minutes against El Zilcho. Rocko hauls him off. Clarkey’s “muscles” get cold, stiffen and when he comes back on he does his thigh. Out for 3 weeks. Poor management. What’s more is that Rocko replaced Clarkey with Jugs, who went on to miss 6 open goals and spent more time on his hole than on his feet.

And look at the results in Clarkey’s absence. There is no room for prima donnas in this team. The odd lapse in front of goal can be tolerated - failing to execute team instructions properly has been the cause of our downfall too often.

If Clarkey had warmed up properly he’d have been fine.

I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to win prizes.