Are all goalkeepers idiots?

This is something thats been bugging me for a while, goalkeepers, total idiot tools or just a lil soft in the head? It came to mind again last night when I watched the highlights of the Wexford game and watched yet another idiot goalkeeper jumping around like a lepjack trying to wave a ball wide.

Do these fucking idiots think this shit works? What perverse thrill do gobshites like this fella get from jumping around a goalpost waving his hands in front of anyone who will pay attention?

I believe bookings and even beatings should be introduced for these gormless mongs. I personally have had enough.

[quote=“myboyblue”]This is something thats been bugging me for a while, goalkeepers, total idiot tools or just a lil soft in the head? It came to mind again last night when I watched the highlights of the Wexford game and watched yet another idiot goalkeeper jumping around like a lepjack trying to wave a ball wide.

Do these fucking idiots think this shit works? What perverse thrill do gobshites like this fella get from jumping around a goalpost waving his hands in front of anyone who will pay attention?

I believe bookings and even beatings should be introduced for these gormless mongs. I personally have had enough.[/QUOTE]

when the ball is wide, lepjack, I’d imagine its extremely frustrating for keepers to see some grey haired aul prick who cant see to not know what to do and then say, ah sure, must be a point. and the fooking tard disallowed a Wexford point and was close to giving Offaly another wide as point later on.

[quote=“myboyblue”]This is something thats been bugging me for a while, goalkeepers, total idiot tools or just a lil soft in the head? It came to mind again last night when I watched the highlights of the Wexford game and watched yet another idiot goalkeeper jumping around like a lepjack trying to wave a ball wide.

I believe bookings and even beatings should be introduced for these gormless mongs. I personally have had enough.[/QUOTE]

I agree to a certain extent. Enda Lyons, who I had been advocating to start for us, had a 'mare on Saturday. Kick outs were woeful, came out for a ball in around the square and missed it completely, and then is a final unforgiveable act gave the ball straight to David Barden in the last couple of minutes from a kick out. He had a n easy tap over the bar to put three between us.

I was right behind that and it looked at if he was trying to pick out Philly McGuinness who was well inside the the Longford half. Instead it dropped shy of our 45 yard line.

Clown.

We have never replaced Gareth Phelan.

Bandage is an idiot as well but nothing to do with his performances on the football pitch.

To be fair any county would miss a household name like Gareth Phelan.

Bandage is a gentleman and a fine goalkeeper.

Yes but keepers do it irregardless of whether its wide or not, and dont try tell me MAsterson only does it when its wide, he does more often than most.

didnt realise you were up to speed on Wexford goalkeepers so much?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know keepers do it, but I’m just pointing out that the point you made was wrong as the ball was actually wide. I agree it is a stupiud thing to do, especially if its clear as day that the ball is over the bar.

[quote=“Gman”]sisnt realise you were up to speed on Wexford goalkeepers so much?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know keepers do it, but I’m just pointing out that the point you made was wrong as the ball was actually wide. I agree it is a stupiud thing to do, especially if its clear as day that the ball is over the bar.[/QUOTE]

Its hard to miss Masterson, the true definition of a lepping lepjack. We’ve played a fair few times over the past few years Gman, you should know that? I’ve seen plenty of him and he’s the posterchild for this shit.

It just frustrates me to be honest. A goalie did it in front of me one day when I was helping a referee friend out and I called the referee in to have a word with him, it soon softened his cough.

We were making fun of that umpire at half time the other day so I reckon he might have heard us. He unbuttoned his ‘white coat’ during the interval and had this huge ned kelly hanging out over his trousers. We were debating how many times he forced the ref to stop for carvery dinners on the way down to Wexford Park and then the cunt went and screwed us over.

I voted yes. But I would say that goalies are outfield players who can’t stick the pace of the outfield game; well thats what I did anyway… couldn’t keep up with the youngfella’s when I went back playing soccer in my mid/late 20’s, saw an opportunity to go in goal and took it. Worked on my game (crosses, shot stopping, kick outs etc) and made a good fist of it over the next 4 years. No way would I have lasted that long otherwise. It was either that or get fierce fit and that wasn’t going to happen.

You would want to have fairly thick skin to play in goals as well…Nobody ever remembers the 10 or 15 mistakes the wingers/forwards make each match bur they always remember the slight mistakes the keeper might make…

Big time Pukey, not that I made many*

*I made loads

David James is supposed to be a fairly intelligent punter by all accounts. Of course that’s all relative really

shut the fuck up you

:eek:

You inbred tongue munching shitebag.

:clap:

He likes classical music. The deeply relaxed frame of mind the classical music afficionado enters when listening to it might explain some of his calamities over the years.

Was he not addicted to the playstation at some stage? Blamed staying up late at night playin it for some of his performances.

That was your mother he was playing with.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I agree to a certain extent. Enda Lyons, who I had been advocating to start for us, had a 'mare on Saturday. Kick outs were woeful, came out for a ball in around the square and missed it completely, and then is a final unforgiveable act gave the ball straight to David Barden in the last couple of minutes from a kick out. He had a n easy tap over the bar to put three between us.

I was right behind that and it looked at if he was trying to pick out Philly McGuinness who was well inside the the Longford half. Instead it dropped shy of our 45 yard line.

Clown.

We have never replaced Gareth Phelan.

Bandage is an idiot as well but nothing to do with his performances on the football pitch.[/QUOTE]

Phelan was a great keeper
I especially loved him for how he kicked Francie Dolan up the hole after the prick Rossies scored a goal in the last minute in 03