Are you a game changer?

If so, you really should sign up for the Game Changers Lunch in February 2020.

I love networking. And what better than a networking luncheon for leaders in business and sport?

See details here and support Wexford GGA. I’ll set aside two tables for TFK, but you’ll have to pay for your individual seat.

Please PM message me for further details.

1 Like

2 MCs for this
Wexford really is box office

Up Wexford
Up Game changing

That’s a ridiculously good line up.

Why isn’t it being held in Wexford?

Decades of disinterest and underinvestment by successive Dublin governments has left Wexford as an economically disadvantaged area so many of its business leaders have had to seek opportunities outside the county.

1 Like

To get the Dublin dollar.

Wonderful initiative by the Friends of Wexford

CLG holds events in Wexford, Dublin and abroad to maximise revenues which will be pumped back into Wexford.

This lineup is so good that even our rivals will be compelled to attend, thus only serving to make us financially stronger.

Cairde Cairde Cairde

3 Likes

Most counties have a doubling supporters club

Most of the committee for the Tipperary Supporters Club would be based in Dublin still, I reckon. In fairness to Babs, it was him that established it (I think the first GAA supporters club in the country?) as he realised there were plenty of Tipp people in Dublin, London and further afield with deeper pockets. The AGM for TSC was in Louis Fitzgeralds for a number of years, but think they’ve moved it down to Horse and Jockey more recently.

There would also be a Tipperary Association in Dublin (not exclusively GAA) and in NY too I think.

Over 300 were at the CLG event in Wexford Spiegeltent last week to mark the commencement of the fringe events around Wexford Opera Festival season. Marty Whelan is actually lunching the festival tonight afaik.

I changed the Under 12 Waterford schools Football. final against Tramore CBS. I took a kick out. I was wearing very old boots and the right one flew into the distance as I took the kick. I ran out to retrieve it and as I ran back with it in my hand the Tramore full forward to whom I had apparently kicked the ball straight was sauntering in to kick the ball into an empty net.

Cnoc Sion CBS lost the game by a point. 1-1 to 0-3. Brother Prunty beat the living shit out of me.

19 Likes

:smile:

James browne is that you??..

Has the Stillorgan Park always been a Wexford GGA hotel?

Originally it was just Hollywood Nights that was affiliated with Wexford GAA but they later changed it to incorporate the entire hotel

1 Like

Yep, it’s owned by the Pettitt family. Longtime sponsors of the Wexford senior hurling championship.

1 Like

Used to look like a shithole when I was young. Was painted pink in the 90s iirc. I was a Blakes man so wouldn’t have darkened its door.

Kilmacud Crokes territory who wear the same colours. The Wexford lads will see the bunting and feel at home.

1 Like

That Joan Key hoe has an impressive CV. She must be worth serious coin?

I saw a tfk poster there that night but such was the crowd we could only exchange brief pleasantries.