Arsene Wenger - Adieu!

We’re here for you bro. Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change.

Arsenal may be wishing him back a few weeks into the new season. Remember Bruce Rioch. :grinning:

Bruce Rioch who after his one and only full season at the helm was cruelly jettisoned after missing out on the holy grail of 4th place to Aston Villa on goals scored.

This is very sad. What a man

And will happen to the person taking over from Arsene. Always happens after a long term manager leaves a club. Look at United after Ferguson. They will need either a big name manager who will be successful from the start or a Rioch/Moyes type fallguy to come in and do a season before getting a replacement.

Didn’t realise @briantinnion was still supporting Woolwich. Thought he’d throw in the towel after he requested the 2017/18 thread to be locked back at the end of January.

Who said anything about supporting Arsenal?

I love Arsene Wenger.

1 Like

Have manners you cur.

Stayed way too long but he was a great manager. Three titles and seven FA Cups.

That side with Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Anelka etc was incredible at their peak. They drove United to that treble in ‘99 because every game from about February on was must win that season.

Arsenal Fan TV is going to be rubbish now unless they get a Moyes type figure in for next season.

Claude and Ty :sweat_smile:

https://youtu.be/Zx4Hjq6KwO0

I’d have a lot of time for Claude. Seems a normal decent bloke who wants to see his club do well. Sort of chap you’d chat away to in the pub over pints.

That Ty is an absolute mug. Those daft Arsenal embroidered head phones…! I’m surprised Claude has never strangled him with them yet.

With the financial disparity in the game now, its a much more hierarchical structure, there’s more of a ceiling as to how far you can fall. Back in the day, Man U, Spurs, Leeds and Notts Forest all got relegated shortly after the departure of long standing, successful and dynastic managers like Sir Matt Busby, Bill Nicholson, Don Revie and Brian Clough. Or actually in Forest’s case in Cloughie’s final season. That simply wouldn’t happen now.

Man U have finished 7, 4, 5, 6 and most likely now 2nd in the 5 seasons since Sir Alex departed. Even a club like Everton who’s position in the current order is probably 7th, after a a season of upheaval and turmoil will most likely finish 8th or 9th.

Woolwich finished 5th last season, will most likely finish 6th this season. They’re not going to drop too much lower than what they’ve already fallen. Who knows, they might even get a new manager bounce next season if they make a smart appointment.

@briantinnion

throw up your all time Wenger starting XI there

Conte would be a great appointment.

2 Likes

Pards is available.

This mans time has come

Oof. I’ll need to have a good think about that one. The midfield will be impossible to pick.

1 Like

The fucking leech. About six years too late.

1 Like