[Article]Statement From Bandage Regarding Management Speculation

[url=http://www.thefreekick.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=26]http://www.thefreekick.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=26

thefreekick.com’s season, already in full meltdown mode, embraced further crisis tonight with the sensational news that team 'keeper / assistant manager Bandage has withdrawn his application for the available manager’s position. Current incumbent, Rocko, stated his intention to resign if a suitable replacement could be found following last week’s shock reversal against Simply Mortgages with Bandage quick to throw his hat into the ring in the aftermath. However, sources have confirmed that Bandage didn’t receive a formal response or acknowledgement of his application and with a week elapsing since he made his interest in the postition public it’s believed the 'keeper felt disillusioned by the process.

Bandage released the following statement through his management agency earlier tonight:[br][br]‘I’m issuing this statement in order to confirm the withdrawal of my application to manage thefreekick.com football team. Initially I applied for the role in good faith and was confident I had the qualities necessary to bring the team forward to the next level. However, the fact that I didn’t receive any acknowledgement of my application disappointed me greatly. I have given loyal service to the team in a playing, administrative and assistant managerial capacity and I believe I warranted at least an explanation as to why I wasn’t suitable for the position, if indeed that’s the board’s view. Even if I was being considered for manager the lack of urgency in the selection process has led to me making this decision. Though I’m shaken by the board’s apparent lack of faith in my ability to manage the team successfully I want to place on record my continuing commitment to the team in a playing capacity.’ [br][br]With the league season entering a critical phase the managerial uncertainty is beginning to have a seriously detrimental impact on thefreekick.com’s form. The usual names continue to be linked with the role with bookies reported to be taking money on the likes of Dave Bassett, George Graham, David O’Leary and Terry Venables. However, one freekick.com source revealed the club’s number one target remains danielagger, head coach of Danish highflyers, Agger’s Angels. Agger couldn’t be contacted earlier tonight for comment.[br][br]. … .

I would like to formally acknowledge your withdrawal of the original application Bandage. You will not be considered for the position.