Ask Bandage about british products

Hi @Bandage

i went to purchase a bike for my daughter on saturday. i dropped in to Halfords kip of a shop. i was worried that the quality wasnt up to much so i asked the sales assistant about a particualr brand of bike, appollo. She said ‘oh they are Halfords own brand so the quality is good because they are british made’. obviously i left the shop there and then with some choice words for the little englander however it got me thinking about our purchasing decisions.

along with most posters i try where possible to avoid purchasing products that are made in britain as we are all aware that small portions of the money we spend go to sevco, lee clegg and bohemians football club.
however we do live in a global consuner driven marektplace and it is difficult to avoid purchasing some british goods. what i want to look at here are the unashamendly british products that some posters have a weakness for and despite their overt british identity, they cant counteance life without these products. Id like your verdict please on what is an acceptable weakness and what shoudl not be tolerated and i would like posters to use this as an opportunity to confess to same.
here are the ones i am aware of:

@Ebeneezer Goode - the man cannot live without a pack of yorkshire toffee in his glove compartment or pocket. likes to munch on the odd packet of walkers also.

@ The Wild Colinial Bhoy - despite his tough republican exterior i have seen this man beg for HP (Houses of Parliament) Sauce

@Raymond Crotty - his day does not begin till he has a mug of Tetleys in his hand

@Rocko - a big-time fan of scottish presbyterian tea cake maufacturer Thunocks. also a fan of james bond aston martins but this is more fantasy than a purchasing decision

@dancingbaby - before he turned in to the gym loving animal this man was a good friend of old Mr Kipling.

:eek:

Great thread, @croppy. My dearly loved “I’m going into town now thread” documented my respect for the British high street chain store. Always, always buy British. But preferably a British company with proper British ideals and who employ true Britons.

I was strolling around Marks and Spencers the other day. Their cufflinks caught my eye - in that they were completely British. One of a Union Jack, one of a red telephone box, I even think they had one of Big Ben.

It may be worth a look @Bandage.

@Bandage has no problem wearing FCUK clothing branded with the Union Jack.

Why would I have a problem. FCUK and Diesel tend to fit me well for jeans and tshirts. Red, white and blue are all grand colours in their own right and even nicer together.

how do you know that?

Just going by his facebook photos

You generally get a good product where there is a royal seal of approval

By appointment to HRH Kelloggs Coco Pops are chocolate rice cereal of choice for HM Queen Elizabeth II etc

Adidas had a lovey range of Team GB Olympic Sportswear last year and Wiggins had a range for Fred Perry

You would want to be handy with your fists to wear the Union Jack on clothing in Dublin though - just invites more trouble than it’s worth

O neills are a British company are they not?

I will admit that I have no problem enjoying a few pints of Guinness, proud supporters of the Black & Tans.

How does that go down when you’re hanging out with the IRA Bandage?

A lot of the lads are British informers so there’s plenty of banter flying around.

By banter do you mean “the Queen’s shilling”?

I can also confirm that @ebeneezergoodehas a treasured pair of reebok runners with that cute little Union Jack on the side

it truly has been a woeful few days for the the @carryharry[/USER] @[USER=1533]glasagusban[/USER] @[USER=1537]Horsebox axis of internet desperation…

off for the old bowl of soup and the roll for lunch soon now i suppose glas my auld pal, will you update the ravenous thread?
few pressups then tonight in the gym to slowly ease back into training? you fucking pathetic streak of piss*

*said in Tommy Hatcher- esque mocking fashion from the renowned film Green St.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 894043, member: 367”]it truly has been a woeful few days for the the @carryharry[/USER] @[USER=1533]glasagusban[/USER] @[USER=1537]Horsebox axis of internet desperation…

off for the old bowl of soup and the roll for lunch soon now i suppose glas my auld pal, will you update the ravenous thread?
few pressups then tonight in the gym to slowly ease back into training? you fucking pathetic streak of piss*

*said in Tommy Hatcher- esque mocking fashion from the renowned film Green St.[/quote]
Back for another go after taking your beating and slinking off in the Israel thread? Why do you keep sniffing around me? The newborn didn’t even you out for long. Though I suppose you’d get bitter if you preferred the company of prossies to your wife.

the israel thread?
you copy and pasted a few uniformed opinions you pulled off some activist’s face book thread, tried to pass them off as your own and when pushed could not back up any statement you made with data and instead went off googling some shit written by Robert Fisk… it was pathetic and is boring at this stage

i will hound you off this board you bastard, i will destroy what is left of your e-confidence… remember that.
This is NOT a threat

[quote=“mickee321, post: 894097, member: 367”]the israel thread?
you copy and pasted a few uniformed opinions you pulled off some activist’s face book thread, tried to pass them off as your own and when pushed could not back up any statement you made with data and instead went off googling some shit written by Robert Fisk… it was pathetic and is boring at this stage

i will hound you off this board you bastard, i will destroy what is left of your e-confidence… remember that.
This is NOT a threat[/quote]
No, I used facts. You had no response. You lost.

You’re alright when you chill out a bit mickee, but most of the time you’re pathetic. You’re beneath me. Carry on.