Ask Polacks About Balbecs

@balbec I’m in Warsaw mate any recommendations?

I think he’s in Krakow so you’re poles apart.

25 Likes

Yes. Go shit in your hat.

1 Like

Waheeey. Poland is small enough though? The Germans weren’t long going through it anyway

5 Likes

How long are you there for? It’s snowing today at least it is down here.

A few days. Ya pelting down snow here, it’s cool for change but I’d imagine the novelty wears off fast enough.

Balbec

Does there be much lamenting the level of emigration from Poland in their media . How does it compare say to here ??.

They don’t give a shit. They see it as an opportunity for people to go and make a few quid.

4 Likes

It wears off the first morning you have to clean it off your car.

For grub this place is supposed to be decent. Recommened by a Clareman to me

And this place has a few places under one roof.

Depending on where you are staying, a stroll along Krakowskie Prezedmiescie towards the Stare Miasto (Old Town) is nice. Blikle cafe is good.

2 Likes

Cheers mate.

Surprised by the shortage of beers here so far same Polish shite you’d get in Ireland so far Zyweic and that. Although I’m in the middle of this and it’s tasty enough

Warsaw on your honeymoon? Jaysus.

2 Likes

Excellent choice. That’s a local Warsaw beer. They sponsor Legia Warszawa. Can’t get that beer anywhere in the country else.

You’ve got your Zywiec, Lech, Tyskie, Okocim, Warka as the mainstream brands. It’s a bit stronger than at home.

There is a nice Zywiec APA if you see it.

Minimoon mate it’s all the rage now. Honeymoon to follow in a few months

Why Warsaw @Julio_Geordio? Is your now wife Polish?

No mate, cheap flights and a five star hotel for the price of a two star elsewhere, smashed after the wedding so we’ll regroup and do the proper honeymoon in April or such.

6 Likes

I thought Warsaw was a fascinating city, if not terribly pretty, the one time I was there.

1 Like

It got a fair aul pummelling from 1939 to 1945 .

It did.

It got a fair pummelling in 2012 when the Russian and Polish fans bet fuck out of each other. It was like the Green Line v The Red Line Luas security.

4 Likes

The soviet style grey buildings are some contrast to the old town.

1 Like