Ask TSG about parenting

I wouldn’t say it’s a complete No No. Shur don’t women adore open Fires & Hot Water Bottles.

Women are physically colder creatures by nature.

He was referencing his childhood which may well have included part of the 1970s. I suspect a lot of us who grew up in pre oil crisis houses remember fondly the freezing cold bed covered with every top coat in the wardrobe and the hot water bottle and getting as snug as a bug in a rug.

10 Likes

I remember the mid 70s and the auld lad getting up at half 6 in the morning to pile turf into the fire so the back boiler would start pumping water round the 3 radiator we had in the house before we got up to go to school.
It was the greatest act of parental love I remember.

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

My aul lad was the exact same.

My father used to get up and put the topcoat on over the pyjamas and wander up to the kitchen

The auld fella told us yesterday that one winter it was so cold one night that the water in the holy water fountain above the bed was frozen solid

1 Like

''Tis no wonder so many of us used to piss in the bed rather than get up and endure the cold.

2 Likes

No

1 Like

You could have said that five hours ago and saved us from all the Monty Python sketches.

Is that a poem you read one time

Three radiators? Very posh.