Ask TSG about parenting

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy I’m filling a hot water bottle for my daughter. It says not to use boiling water. I presume that’s overly fussy advice is it? Or do I risk scalding her?

(I’ve already given it to her with boiling water by the way, but I’m just checking if I’ve erred here or not)

It’ll be too hot mate, mix a bit of warm tap water with it, it’s also not unheard of for them to spring a leak, I was burnt myself not so long ago

1 Like

Would you not just bleed the radiator and be done with it

11 Likes

Grown men using hot water bottles ffs.

1 Like

My daughter is not a grown man.

10 Likes

If you’re going to use boiling water you will need to wrap the bottle in a blanket or something it will be way too hot

I wasn’t referencing you mate

Ah it has a furry teddy bear outside it so it’s not that hot at all.

I know it’s Australia, but still…

I always assumed the warning about not using boiling water was as much to protect the person filling the bottle as the user.

Squeeze the air out of the bottle after putting water in and before putting cap on.

A hot water bottle in the bed along with pyjamas heated on a radiator is the stuff of a very happy childhood and a sure sign of parental love.

4 Likes

Beautifully put mate.

Whereas a grown man using a hot water bottle would suggest a serial killer.

2 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
every morning i give my 4 year old a slice of toast and nutella after a bowl of cornflakes and a few coco pops
is this ok?
he is a very content boy

Of course he’s content, he’s full of sugar.
There are plenty healthy alternatives to that fructose laden shit. A bowl of Oatmeal with honey for example. Not picking on you specifically but we have a child obesity epidemic and kids addicted to a sugar high by the time they are 2, precisely because of the crap they are being fed.
Over to you @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Cat got your tongue, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy?

1 Like

He’s making porridge for the morning.

An awful lot of posters must be living in very very cold and damp houses.

1 Like

There’s loads of Grants going to sort such Houses out.

There should be no need nowadays for lads to be filling hot wather bottles and warming pajamas.
It reminds me of the 1970s.