Astana vs Celtic and vice versa

I can never tell those lads apart.

1 Like

Paddy Roberts :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

We’re gonna need a goal here. They will score again

Gordon saves at his near post after another deep cross. Tierney had no need to dive in there, he’s played well in general but he needs to keep his feet here.

Celtic are really toothless bar Roberts

Twumasi looks as good as Roberts on this showing. He’s causing us lots of problems.

Lustig really weak there defending from a throw-in. Shrugged off the ball and Gordon does well to nip out the cross.

Celtic’s final ball is AIDS

Half-time.

Started that half well but have generally looked more vulnerable as it went on.

No real chances for Celtic, though it looked a very decent penalty shout that we’ve seen no replays of.

We don’t look comfortable at the back unsurprisingly. O’Connell is a bit sloppy in his passing, Ambrose is wild in his clearances. O’Connell and Gordon were really poor for the goal. Gordon in particular has done well at other times. Lustig and Tierney have both had their errors too, though Tierney has had many more positive moments.

McGregor has been very quiet. Only on the ball a few times, not really getting involved much defensively. Not a nightmare performance but he’s struggling to get involved. Brown has been more prominent though he’s been mixed enough. Armstrong is similar - he’s not really protecting Tierney (which is tough for him because he’s mostly playing very narrow) and he’s not getting on it all that much. He’s actually been fairly tidy when he does get the ball though.

Roberts has been really excellent. Nothing has come off for him with his passing in the final third yet but hopefully that will come because we’re so vulnerable at the back. I’ve been generally impressed with Dembele. I think he’s looked more polished than his first couple of games. Griffiths has been a bit more wasteful though he came into it a bit.

Hard to know what to make of it all. We’ve had more possession but had a dodgy spell just after conceding. They look fast and threatening going forward but I don’t think they’re very assured at the back.

Got to see most of the first half via You Tube. Celtic started very well but a shocking goal to concede as mentioned. Roberts has been really good and it seems as if we’ll be relying on him to create our chances. I think Tierney has been rash against their fast winger and has been caught out with the ball in behind and/or dived in on occasion. O’Connell has been nervy enough. This is a good test now. I can see this ending 1-1 or 3-0 or it could stay 1-0.

Gordon not very convincing there

Decent attack there and then we looked really exposed before Armstrong and Gordon took turns trying to gift them a chance.

McGregor and Armstrong look shit

Basically you havnt a fucking clue what way it’ll finish up so??!!

That was close. Shot grazes the top of the bar from the edge of the box.

Tierney a little unlucky that the ball deflected back to his man but we don’t really have a midfielder screening there.

Tierney error almost gifts astana a second

Gordon’s kick outs are really really pissing me off.

Would Dembele be good enough for Bray Wanderers??

Now a Roberts error sets them away but we get away with it. Need to take much better care of it.

Couple of corners for us there and a shot from Armstrong. Needed that little spell to recover from our errors.