Athletics Thread

Just putting this up as an Enniscorthy person is mentioned :wink:

Four Irish athletes into semis
Friday, 6 March 2009 11:29

David Gillick, Derval O’Rourke, Bronagh Furlong and Marian Andrews have reached the semi-finals of their respective events at the European Indoor Athletics Championship in Turin this morning.

Defending European Indoor 400m champion Gillick cruised in to the semis after a comfortable run in the heats.

The Dundrum South Dublin runner came home first in a time of 47.10 and will race in the semi final at 5.05pm this evening.

In the women’s 400m both Furlong and Andrews qualified for this afternoon’s semis at 4.45pm. Furlong finished second in her heat in a time of 53.84, while Andrews qualified as faster runner-up in a time 53.94.

And O’Rourke made it comfortably through her heat of the 60m Hurdles. She qualified first from her heat in a time of 8.06, which was third fastest overall. O’Rourke will take part in the semi finals later today at 2:45pm.

is Bronagh a scalder… didnt realise that … shes a member of Bree AC isnt she

She’s from Caim. She was a member of Enniscorthy AC when she was younger but Enniscorthy and Bree come together at senior under Slaney Olympic which is who she runs for now. She ran for Bree in Community Games cos of where she lives. Caim didnt have their own area at the time but do now.

Good news. Unfortunately these european indoors events could be the height of gillick and o rourkes powers.

Waterford’s Kelly Proper smashed the Irish record this morning as she qualified for the final of the Long Jump at the European Indoor Championships in Turin today.

The Ferrybank athlete had a jump of 6.59m in this morning’s qualifying round, breaking her previous Irish record of 6.44m.

She will compete in tomorrow’s final at 3.40pm.

http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/media/images/k/kellyproperlongjumper09.jpg

She fit ?

Bronagh is a ridiculous name.

sure is…

[quote=“HangBlaa”]sure is…

http://www.munster-express.ie/files/2009/02/kellyporpercelebrates.jpg[/quote]

Fuck me, thats my ideal bird right there.
I’m sweating.
Have to go.

That is a mighty flat chest she has there.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Fuck me, thats my ideal bird right there.
I’m sweating.
Have to go.[/quote]

you like birds with 6 packs and biceps?

That comes with the territory of an athlete, still, as flat chested athletes go, she’s better than most.

That’s not Bronagh Furlong.

She also won a Camogie All-Ireland at wing forward two years ago.

[quote=“Pikeman”]That’s not Bronagh Furlong.

[/quote]

We know.

Its Waterfords national 200m and LongJump champion, Kelly Proper.

Get with it an read the entire thread.

[quote=“Pikeman”]That’s not Bronagh Furlong.

She also won a Camogie All-Ireland at wing forward two years ago.[/quote]

Ah pikie…

Yeah just read the whole thread sorry.

Can’t find a pic of Bronagh at all.

So are you saying here that you should be happy to do an athlete because she is an athlete, even though she has a wall?

No, where did you pick that up?

farmer, have you ever actually had the pleasure?

you don’t ride athletes, they ride you.
can’t puck it out fast enough to them.

[quote=“treaty_exile”]you don’t ride athletes, they ride you.
can’t puck it out fast enough to them.[/quote]

:smiley: