Athletics Thread

Lions were blackguarded in leaving an eminently winnable series behind them in New Zealand by not having a better coaching team.

You get a much worse class of athletics crowd on the mainland.

They still love Linford Christie OBE. Also a drug cheat but that is different.

2 Likes

No sign of any of the Irish journalists who are permanently outraged by the British media refusing to ask questions of British athletes who suddenly contend at events out of nowhere.

Pulling out of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS with an upset tummy is incredibly lame. That Tom Barr must be some pussy.

You of all people I thought would have some sympathy. Affected your running too.

14 Likes

I was looking for that. :joy:

1 Like

The INTERNET never forgets

:smile:

False equivalence, guys.

Very disappointing to hear about Thomas Barr’s “food poisoning”.

It must be soul destroying to prepare so hard and have to pull out of a major race at the last minute.

I wonder is there anybody on the forum who could explain what it feels like?

2 Likes

7 people from his hotel got food poisoning 5 ended up in hospital according to the beeb

It’s be nice if Semenya can do a Gatlin on it tonight in a finish with Laura Muir

I think Semenya and Gatlin is a false equivalence to be fair

1 Like

Naturally but they’d both lead to a giant seethe in London, close enough for me.

Caster Semenya might just be the only winner at these championships who isn’t taking drugs. She’s the believable face of clean sport. It’s just that she’s a man competing in a women’s event.

Mugged her off for bronze

Great race that

1 Like

Semenya looked to have hurt her mickey there when she fell over the line.

2 Likes

According to Brendan Foster, all the medallists were lucky but the brit in 4th was unlucky :smile: