Athletics Thread

Sarah Healy up now. Ranked 5th in Europe which I didn’t realise. She’s struggled in big championships a lot so hoping all goes to plan for her now

Sarah Healy up now. Be great to see her qualify and start to realise that huge potential.

Ah brilliant run. Middle distance running is a contact sport. Two fallers. Delighted for her.

Great to see her qualify like that. The faller definitely a help to her but never looked in doubt. Going wide to keep out of trouble definitely a help too.

1 Like

Is the sound on the commentary a bit ropey?

Two Irish qualify for final :rocket::rocket:

Could well be an IRL v GB shootout in the final.

English up now in the 800m

Disappointing finish. I’d say thats him done

1 Like

Michelle Finn up now in the 3000 SC

Very disappointing run from her.

If you only watch one session over the whole event then this is it on Sunday evening. 2 Irish girls battling for glory in the 1500m final, one with a very realistic chance of winning. And the curtain raiser is the realistic prospect of 2 qualifiers into the ladies 400m final. Chris O’Donnell or Mark Smyth getting to a Semi Final would be bonus territory.

6 Likes

Eric Favors clinging onto the final 12th qualifying position for the Shot Putt final as they’re well into the 3rd round. 19.60 his throw.

Bumped down to 14th now so OUT

Israel Olatunde up shortly on the RTE Player :roll_eyes:

Goes in heat 2. Heat 1 just about to start

RTÉ player is free to everybody, if you want to watch it’s there for you

Sure I know that. It’s the fact that we’ve a team genuinely competing for a European Gold Medal this evening and our national broadcaster can’t be bothered finding a way to show it on normal TV.

RTE News Now lying idle for the evening with a few men and their dog watching it. A pure opportunity missed given Derval, Sonia and Robbie the racist are in the studio providing analysis

5 Likes

Olatunde with a seasons best of 10.31. He’s through to semi finals anyway barring a freak result in the final heat

Edit - he’s guaranteed through. Thought there was 9 in the final heat

1 Like

The Cork crowd delivering some decent analysis

They’re very good to be fair. Gillick would be a great man to have in amongst them too to dilute the Corkness a bit. Yer man presenting it is doing well but has it easy in just letting the Carkies speak