Athletics Thread

400m

1 Like

Would she make the US team?

Their Olympic trials are next weekend and I’d be very surprised if she didn’t make it

1 Like

Based on 2021 qualifying runs she should do

Hate to step on @Mac ‘s shoes but it should be a straight shoot-out between Adeleke & the Pole tonight.

For the Olympics then, you have a couple of Central American/Caribbean contenders for gold too - think a woman from Dominican Republic was an impressive winner in the worlds last August when Adeleke was 4th.

Adeleke duelled with an American called Britton Wilson on the college scene & I don’t know if she’s trained on. The US trials will tell more there.

@Mac, come back in here. Is Bol only doing the 400 hurdles in the Olympics?

1 Like

I would assume so. Bol only ever runs flat 400s indoors and for relays. She’d probably win the 400m flat if she was running in it tonight

And yeah, it should be a shootout between Adeleke and Kaczmarek. Klaver will go out hard. Rhasidat needs to get her pacing spot on because Kaczmarek finished like a train. If Rhasidat does what she did in the relay chasing Klaver then she’s gonna get thumped.

Klaver going out too quickly and blowing up is what would give Sharlene a shot at Bronze but we’d be in absolute bonus territory to even consider that

1 Like

What time should i set the alarm for?

8.50 Tallaght Stadium time.

Nicola Tuthill goes in the Hammer final at 8.30

3 Likes

Lane draw is favourable

1 Like

Adeleke will break the Polish fuck and Sharlene will cruise home in the megals.

1 Like

He’ll be insufferable now :grinning:

Now?

The Polish athlete is very very strong. A gold medal is possible for Rhasidat but she’ll need to run the race of her life. If she wins it will cap off the greatest four days in Irish sporting history.

4 Likes

She mentioned the relay in an interview yesterday that made it sound like she’ll run in it. They’ll surely have a cracking chance in that as well?

I thought I heard earlier that we’re the only country to have 2 finalists in any of the sprint finals. That’s just ridiculous

2 Likes

I sort of assumed she wouldn’t run it. If she runs it we’ve a huge chance.

Ciara Mageean medal presentation at 5.50pm Irish time. Where on IPTV is Eurovision Sport? Can’t find it anywhere.

The Irish girl is the best runner in the field, she’s at the stage now where anything but gold will be a disappointment

Online only I think. Create a free account

1 Like

They don’t hand out medals based on PBs. It’s a huge race for her. She’s running against last year’s World silver medalist and this years world indoor silver medalist.