Athletics Thread

The IAAF don’t look too good here

Running faster now “clean” than when he was doping.

1 Like

The stadium is practically empty.

100m Final At 8.15

1 Like

Thats ridiculous

This is what happens when blue riband global sporting events are handed out by corrupt administrators to the likes of Qatar.

I’ve just been in at the stadium and have left, very badly run event, no water for sale in the place, the missus got groped by security on the way in, dead atmosphere and some English wanker on the stadium microphone. MarkEnglish came Paddy last in his heat also

3 Likes

Wtf?

It still sickens me what was done to the Three Lions - David Beckham, David Cameron and HRH The Duke of Cambridge - on that December day in 2010

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe it either, got a warm container of Pepsi after Q’ing for 40 mins.

It’s just terrible. World Athletics Championship every two years is one of the sporting highlights of the year. This is a farce on every level.

3 Likes

It needs some improving before World Cup is in town.

The inadequacy of this year’s host is brought into sharp focus by London’s superb staging of the last renewal of the Championships in 2017

1 Like

They are lucky they aren’t up for manslaughter putting people out in that heat

Sinead Diver from Belmullet running for Australia in 10,000 tonight. Incredible story. She’s 41 and only really got into running seriously after birth of her son in 2010.

I was surprised to see Coleman in the heats. I thought he got a ban after missing 3 drug tests. Obviously not. He’ll l probably win.

Dutch girl looking like the winner here as they take the bell in the ladies 10,000m.

This is some sham

The 50km walk starts at 11.30pm tonight. What a fucking joke

Great men’s long jump competition.

Christian Coleman destroys the field in 9.76.

Surprising a few of them weren’t raped by the locals.

2 Likes