Austin Gleeson Appreciation thread

If they keep Galway goalless, it’ll go to the wire and they’re very equipped to do just that with TDB back.

Who knows? They’ll have their work cut out to keep Galway goalless, I can’t see it happening myself, a close game would’ be nice but my money will be going on Galway to win by more than 3.

1 Like

Galway haven’t scored a goal in their last three games.

2 Likes

This auld shite again. There’d have been a bigger Limerick crowd and therefore roar at the semi final that year because there are more neutrals at All Irelands.

4 Likes

Jim Gavin can justifiably spout about the campaign against the Dubs and Diarmuid Connolly now with the exonerating of Gleeson and Tuohy.

5 Likes

That wasn’t my point you ape.

You don’t have a point. You’re saying the noise when they came out onto the field unsettled them because they weren’t used to it. For fuck sake. They’re not u12s.

3 Likes

It fucking did and don’t think it didn’t bother Waterford in 08 either.

Shows you they make it up as they go along. Referee should not assess their own fucking mistake.

1 Like

It did in its fuck. You may remember there was over 100,000 at the Limerick Waterford semi final in 07. Do you think the Limerick lads were welcomed with silent clapping? It’s the most ridiculous excuse I’ve heard from Limerick losers and by fuck there have been a lot of them.

In fact if they’re claiming that then Kilkenny didn’t beat them by half enough.

This is so ridiculous that it’s tipping me over the edge.

6 Likes

Shane Stapelton pretty much rubbishing @glasagusban argument about helmet tampering being an issue, ever.

Can only assume he was told what to say. He’s not the sort of fella to avoid the limelight, like.

1 Like

The 50,000 odd Cork fans in the 72,000 plus attendance on Sunday were making a lot of noise when the teams ran out. The Waterford team handled that particular occasion with aplomb.

1 Like

That is it. They should issue an amnesty for all red cards from July on. Save the hassle.

Its as dumb and twee an argument i ever heard

100,000?

There were two matches on that day. Jog on

The Limerick lads couldn’t handle the noise. Honestly even Mayo wouldn’t come out with that shit.

2 Likes

Work away

Some of them had to wear blinkers.

2 Likes

I think you might be over egging the effect a few pissed up Limerick fans would have Mike. Nerves for their first All Ireland probably was a factor though.