Austin Gleeson Appreciation thread

Has the call on Aussie affected the markets ?

Evidence that nobody expects Waterford to keep it picked out to Galway here, clearly a worse offence than DeBurca’s

They will have to completely re write the rules regarding pulling someone’s helmet off or they will never be able to ban a player again

1 Like

What’s the fixation with banning players.

I think too many people are being drawn in by the still photos and slow motion replays. In real time it didn’t look particularly bad and looked as much like the helmet was pushed off rather than a blatant pull or tug.

2 Likes

In the hope that the threat of a ban will keep players like Gleeson in line and protect everyone else

Nobody wants to see that but in the interests of consistency the wrong message is going out now

1 Like

some organisation, they are only make it up as they go along

3 Likes

Irish ways and Irish laws .

I fail to see the logic in galways hot favouritism.

Deservedly favs alright, but they won’t steamroll anyone

2 Likes

Correct. There’ll be very little in it either way.

3 Likes

I think Galway will destroy them by more than 10 points

1 Like

There probably is a certain amount of justification in giving Galway the hot favourites tag. Experience probably being the biggest part of it. This is their third AIF in 5 years ( 4th if you include the replay)
The way I see it, from 3PM up to and including the first 20 minutes are key from a Waterford perspective.
It could be something as simple as to how they will handle the welcome they get as they run on to the field. Limerick 07 is a prime example as it was obvious that they were not prepared for what greeted them when they arrived out. This will be Galway’s forth time to experience this so they will be well prepared for it. Then you are down to the first twenty minutes. If Waterford can control there nerves and keep it tight for the first twenty, then I think they could very well sneak it.

2 Likes

Plenty thought Caaark would do a number on us too

Including that tulip

4 Likes

May the best team win.

2 Likes

Agreed,

Fucking great to see Tipp, Kilkenny and Cork out.

I’ll be delighted for either Galway or Waterford.

Sure who knows, I hadn’t countenanced the extra player, why the antagonism?
But I’ve said all along that Galway are streets ahead of both the teams that played on Sunday, Galway will win this easily in my opinion,

Waterford never feared Galway pal.

Galway are favourites…but that’ll suit Waterford.

50/50 game for me…Galway would’ve bate Cork a lot handier in my opinion.

Nor should they, they’re big boys that will be pumped full of confidence, but they’re nowhere near as good as their opponents.