Austin Gleeson Appreciation thread

I doubt @anon70480284 wears a suit except when up in front of a judge.

this All ireland is going to be as dull as dishwater so it would have been a travesty had the one man capable of making it a spectacle been made an example of by a bunch of little cunts on power trips that never played the game.
i was down at the field last night and there was dozens of young lads re enacting gleesons goal. i didnt see one of them holding a pretend cork lad down and re enacting the helmut pull or any of the dirty sly digs he is famous for. these are real hurling people. cunts in front of televisions need to fuck off and stop interfering in our game. they remind me of those pricks phoning tv stations after seeing a golf ball move 2mm. jobsmith cunts. useless fuckers so they are.

10 Likes

Were any of them pulled for steps or was it the same as the real thing where they let it go cos it was Gleeson.

1 Like

I’d say you might bo in dodgy ground there mike. I couldn’t be arsed searching bur I’d say Joe wouldn’t be totally innocent on the old steps issue

There was no one hanging out of Gleeson, he went through without being touched.

Irrelevant. Steps is steps

How many steps did Gleeson take? I haven’t watched it back but it looked marginal at the time

Not irrelevant, refs tend to let them go if they’re being fouled.

Proceed so.
But I’d love to know what your issue with Gleeson/Waterford is

All I said was he took too many steps and it should have been a free out. I’m hardly lambasting him.

Incorrect on both assumptions

It’s easy to have an issue with either tbf

Yes, reference my comment yesterday morning where my attention via text was drawn to the fact that his report at 6pm Sunday evening was a different report to the one that was furnished to the powers that be after a delay on Monday.

Fucking morons in the CCCC even if Owens revisits his decision they’ve clearly prejudiced any decision they take.

Nothing unusual in that. They are often asked to clarify aspects of their reports.

This wasn’t a clarification

Bro, I see St Kierans College greatest ever hurler has sided with FOTF Woolberto on the aggressive stance re the helmet. Between him, JJ and Paddy Stapleton, thats quite a groundswell on that side of the fence.

Listen the rules are the rules. What the GAA did this year by inconsistently implementing the rules has been a disgrace and I include the Cody incident in that. JJ won’t have an opinion that’s in any way different to Woolly ever and Paddy Stapleton is just glad to be on the radio so they don’t count. I haven’t heard Henry’s latest comments on the matter

2 Likes

They’re not on the radio.

Henry who?

Jesus the Waterford boys must be delighted with themselves. Kilkenny players lining up left, right and centre to have a pop. They’re box office now.