Australia - Sycophantic Colonial Outpost

Were you deported?

That was the lads who wished they were back home in Derry.

No, that wasnā€™t about deportation.

Incorrect.

As you may have noticed, while written in ā€œmodernā€ times, the lyrics rely on tradition and old times, speaking about the forced deportation of Irish people to Australia (Van Diemenā€™s Land) undertaken by the British between 1791 and 1853, when the sentence of penal transportation was commuted to a prison sentence in Ireland.

Ah. Thanks sid. I was completely wrong and the only honourable course for a man to take is to apologise.

Calling @Fitzy and @Chucks_Nwokoā€¦Itā€™s fairly warm down underā€¦
How are the legumes bearing up?

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

A continent of halfwits.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Coincidence?

Good luck to any TFK folk still in Australia. Plenty of water and sunscreen.

@Fitzy, would the current heatwave make you reconsider life out there? That place is fucked. Get out while you can.

Canā€™t say I noticed the heat at all today.

If you canā€™t stand the heat get out of the desert

I was reading the other day that the fire service were fighting fire with fire , but they lost control of the fire they had set and just ended up creating another out of control bush fire that destroyed properties.

We didnā€™t start the fire, it was always burning since the world was turning

@Chucks_Nwoko & @Fitzy today

Too many roots, difficult to move when your kid is 16. I was asked in work if Iā€™d consider a state sales manager role in Victoria recently, same deal, too hard (and I like where I live).
But itā€™s getting harder and harder.
Itā€™s actually quite depressing living for months with no rain and relentless heat. Especially when, like me, you have a large garden thatā€™s important to you. Itā€™s difficult to watch a lawn die.
Itā€™s more difficult for kids in Dubbo, or Tenterfield or wherever having to go out on a property with their parents and shoot livestock as they canā€™t feed or water them.
The lack of leadership, the utterly bizarre and criminal denial at political levels just compound it.
For myself personally, Iā€™d move back to Ireland in a heartbeat. But too hard with a mature family.

9 Likes