Australia - Sycophantic Colonial Outpost

Odd surname. Used colloquially in Oz to suggest someone has made a mistake/ over-exaggerated

2 Likes

Shortening ā€˜fucking murphyā€™ id say

3 Likes

The young lad got a cheque by post from Australia this morning for ā€˜tax backā€™. He has bank accounts here but none of them will cash it.

They said it has to be lodged to an Australian bank. Which means heā€™ll have to post it back, but he closed all his accounts before he left.

Sounds strange.

Is that correct?

Contact the tax crowd and claim he never got the cheque and to cancel it and see if they can do a bank transfer instead

1 Like

If you need an Aussie bank acc. and then a Revolut transfer, let me know.

4 Likes

Great idea.

Chucks has a great rep for passing on money thats due.

9 Likes

Set up a TransferWise account. They will give you an Australian account number.

Some can be awkward enough about it and it can take ages to clear but I got a few cheques from Aus and they all took them.

Thanks for all the replies. The above sounds a sensible solution, which I advised.
But heā€™s gone off on a solo run now and blanked us.

Sin Ć©ā€¦

3 Likes

Australian authorities euthanize 16-foot crocodile blamed for a fatal attack, the second in a month - ABC News (go.com)

Itā€™s the fuckers feeding the crocodiles that need euthanized.

1 Like

Jesus. The poor fucker fell in chucks. Yet another example of your bizarre lack of empathy with other humans.

1 Like

Maybe he owned him money or something

2 Likes

The crocodile was lurking in an area where people typically threw him in food. Heā€™s randomly snapped at this poor unfortunate. If people didnā€™t throw food in these spots, crocodiles wouldnā€™t be lurking in such a high tourist area and this guy might still be alive.

I donā€™t think you or tweedle dee quite understand crocs, mate.

1 Like

At least, get the spelling right :wink:

People should be nowhere near those animals. They are absolutely terrifying

2 Likes

Same with feeding bears. The animals starts to associate humans with food.

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t catch me dead within 50 yards of a river bank in Queensland or the NT

2 Likes

FNQ is a disaster for them but with Climate Change they arw coming further South to rocky , noosa and even straddy

1 Like