Australia

[quote=“Gman”]I’m not getting dragged into all the bullshit of the last few posts where, ironically, Irish people are abusing Australian people in general, and calling them racist and ignorant. Hmmm.

Anyways, it is a great country, and like what some have said in between posts, there is a lot lot more to it than the Irish bars in the big cities. The west coast has some amazing sights all up along it, and all around the Northern Territory is really cool. Tasmania is a state a lot of people leave out, but is a really cool barren place. Similar enough in landscape and climate to here, but with really cool sights too. Port Arthur there is one of hte most erie places I’ve ever been to. If you go, make sure to travel and not get stuck in a rut in one city. I know of people who were there over 2 years, and never even left Sydney, not even out as far as the Blue Mountains or anything. I generally found the people there alright too. I worked in a few cities where I was the only Irish person in work, and in a couple the only non Aussie there, but would still be in contact with them there and had a great time. Dont go with pre conceived ideas, and just enjoy your own experiences should you go.[/quote]

Solid advice Gman, fair play. Won’t be for a year or two or even more, but i’d say i might work up some time and try a 3 month stint or something.
I’m just blown away by the wild life and the views.

[quote=“Gman”]I’m not getting dragged into all the bullshit of the last few posts where, ironically, Irish people are abusing Australian people in general, and calling them racist and ignorant. Hmmm.

Anyways, it is a great country, and like what some have said in between posts, there is a lot lot more to it than the Irish bars in the big cities. The west coast has some amazing sights all up along it, and all around the Northern Territory is really cool. Tasmania is a state a lot of people leave out, but is a really cool barren place. Similar enough in landscape and climate to here, but with really cool sights too. Port Arthur there is one of hte most erie places I’ve ever been to. If you go, make sure to travel and not get stuck in a rut in one city. I know of people who were there over 2 years, and never even left Sydney, not even out as far as the Blue Mountains or anything. I generally found the people there alright too. I worked in a few cities where I was the only Irish person in work, and in a couple the only non Aussie there, but would still be in contact with them there and had a great time. Dont go with pre conceived ideas, and just enjoy your own experiences should you go.[/quote]

good post - generally the Aussies love the Irish - odd that so many here couldnt get on with them over there

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Solid advice Gman, fair play. Won’t be for a year or two or even more, but i’d say i might work up some time and try a 3 month stint or something.
I’m just blown away by the wild life and the views.[/quote]

age is the other thing too. cant get your working holiday visa if you are 30 or older, but pretty easy to get skilled migrant visa if you have solid qualifications and want to work out there (does cost a bit tho). If you can afford to save up and just blow your money on 3 months travelling, that’d be the way to go. You wouldnt get to work in that time and it’d be wasted anyway. You automatically get a 3 month holiday visa in any case. Some good deals on travel packages out there too, can save a fortune. And whther you travel on your own or with others, you’d have a great time.

this is kev you are talking about - a social misfit thats failed on all his previous trips abroad -

off to sunny brisbane tomorrow for a month

any TFK members there?

stopping off in abu dhabi & may go to Dubai - anyone been there- ?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]off to sunny brisbane tomorrow for a month

any TFK members there?

stopping off in abu dhabi & may go to Dubai - anyone been there- ?[/quote]

this news will further devastate flano.

have you nominated someone to smile at him in your absence?

[quote=“HBV*”]this news will further devastate flano.

have you nominated someone to smile at him in your absence?[/quote]

gavin

Gavin will be too tired to smile after all his training.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/03/womans-racist-abuse-filmed-on-packed-train-in-sydney

I lived there for 3 years and found them to be massive racists. I remember there was a story in one of the papers in Sydney how an Indian fella sent out his CV to like 200 companies and didn’t get one reply, then he changed his name to John Smith on it and offers started flying in. For Australia day one year there was a bunch or tools going around with Free Milat (backpacker murder) Free Bondi t-shirts. What a shower a cunts!!

Welcome aboard, skip.

Who round here has been bringing stuff in from Australia???

An Irish dad-of-five died after being bitten on the neck by a spider while watching a movie at home.According to the Irish Sun, John Kennedy (48) died
last month from massive internal bleeding as a result of a bug bite he suffered at his home in Cork the year before.

Before his death, Kennedy suffered stomach swelling, organ failure and his eyesight failed.

It is believed the arachnid is a ‘poisonous red-back’ which is native to Australia but has been spotted on this side of the world recently.

“He got bitten. We found a spider with a weird red back,” his wife of 21 years Jeanne told the Irish Sun.

“But the bite he got had bled very badly. We went through a roll and a half of toilet roll to try and stop it.”

Jeanne said John’s health quickly deteriorated and his stomach and testicles swelled up.

John was rushed to hospital on July 17 after vomiting blood and briefly losing his eyesight.

“He was a stubborn man and he said he would be grand in the morning, it didn’t pass,” Jeanne continued.

“At midnight he said ‘call the ambulance’. The paramedics told me it wasn’t looking good.”

John died in hospital the next day. An inquest into his death is due to take place.

There have been no confirmed sightings of the venomous spider in Ireland but they have been found in the UK in imported goods.

he was bitten in 2013 and died in 2014

Its tragic but he vomited blood and lost his eyesight and his reaction was to sleep it off?

What’s more, he’s balls swelled up?! Bizarre story and possible shit journalism

He’s irish Mac, we are stupidly pig ignorant with such things.

all you have to do is go to any beach in mainland Europe in july or August to see this…all the natives with dark skin are putting on factor 50 and making sure to get out of the sun from 1 to 4 while Paddy arrives white as fook and lashes on the coconut oil for his 12 hour stint in the baking hot sun…also he can have a tan for a few days back hoem before he peels like an onion and increase his chances of skin cancer…

Not exclusive to mainland Europe mate

FFS. What a shit thing to happen.

An Irishman is reported to be in a critical condition following an alleged altercation with his brother in downtown Sydney, New South Wales Police have said.
[SIZE=3]
The 32-year-old man was allegedly punched outside Bayswater Road in Kings Cross at approximately 3am on Saturday morning.[/SIZE]
The man fell on the footpath and sustained a serious head injury after the single punch, police report.

Kings Cross Police said alcohol was not a factor in the alleged assault.

In a statement, New South Wales police force said investigators were told a 33-year-old man punched the 32-year-old in the head, causing him to fall on the footpath.

The injured man sustained serious head injuries and was treated by NSW Ambulance Paramedics, before being taken to St Vincent’s Hospital where’s he now undergoing surgery.

Police have been told his condition is critical.

Police report the older man, who is reported to be his brother, was not injured and is now assisting police with their inquiries at Kings Cross Police Station.

The men are believed to have been on holiday with their father, who witnessed the incident.

Meanwhile, a crime scene has been established and police are investigating the assault. They are also appealing to the public for information on the incident.

Safely not @Fitzy - he’s 48ish…