Aviation Thread (https://www.reforestnation.ie/offset-your-carbon)

Yeah that’s a sickener. You can walk a lot between connections in Schipol. The KLM staff are thoroughly alright sorts though.

Posting live here from an Aer Lingus flight to London Heathrow. We are still on the ground Flight is delayed by at least an hour and the foreigners who have connecting flights fromHeathrow are getting mutinous. Now I remember why I always go to Stansted. some one here from America is complaining about being imprisoned on the plane. This could get ugly.

I can never recall leaving Ireland in an Aer Lingus plane on time.

Apparently we are delayed because there are a lot of planes arriving in Heathrow. You’d imagine they might have anticipated that.

Heathrow is a prick of an airport. Not a redeeming feature about the place.

no shit!

It’s a short taxi ride to me final destination. That’s it’s only redeeming feature.

a nice little site
http://www.flightradar24.com/

He will be glad to know we landed safely if two and a half hours late

Did the other passengers make their connecting flights?

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 668304”]

Where else is Limerick supposed to put its airport? There’s no point wasting some of our prime agricultural land when we can stick it on a rock in Clare.[/quote]

Ffs its built on tidal sand flats. Get your facts straight.

Mostly no. It was decidedly ugly.

I see Limerick (Shannon) is finally free of the clutches of the DAA :clap:

The Shannon estuary will be the center of world aviation once again.

Will they bring back the flying boats runt?

They are already on the way back. Flights from Foynes to Galway should be starting this coming summer.

My plane to Munich is a bit late this morning. Bit of fog around but I can see that the arriving plane just arrived, will probably have no time for a cup of tea between connections this morning.

The US Transport Authority have relaxed the anti-terrorism rules to permit passengers to bring small pocket knives on board. Why the fuck are they doing that? Why would anyone need a small pocket knife on a flight? Still not allowed bring a bottle of water but you can have a knife.

How are you going to whittle a piece of wood without a penknife?

The passengers would be able to use the penknives to fight off terrorists

Saw the biggest plane in the world, the Antonov 225 Mriya, taking off from Shannon earlier. A beast of a yoke.