Bank Holiday weekend

The civil service ?

1 Like

A holiday over Christmas is fuck all use to me.

One in July would be best I think

They should make Good Friday a proper bank holiday as well while they are at it.

1 Like

We’re keeping July free for the bank holiday on the 12th when the time comes.

Agreed regarding Christmas and new year.

I see the merits of February and July, but I voted for September. That gap between the start of August and Halloween could be bridged nicely by a new bank holiday on the second or third Monday of September. The weather is usually still ok until late September - it’s kinda scheduled to become AUTUMNAL from this week onwards.

I echo the “I don’t know how we did it” comments regarding midweek drinking too. I’m only coming around properly this morning from a night out on Friday.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Having thought further about it I’d be happy enough with one around the end of November to celebrate the end of the Dairy Milking season.

4 Likes

I can see them fudging it and going for something like Christmas eve which is fuck all use to anyone

Jaysus that would be grand

Have you a season for all the chocolate bars or just your main ones?

1 Like

Winter Milking is where the coin is at

Serious work though

Same as normal. Add in feeding the silage is all

Another around Christmas would be some waste. Any other time is fine

Christ that is cringe

Not much good to him if he doesn’t have a liquid contract. No demand for new entrants from the co ops

February or July. December has Christmas Stephens day and New year’s day. Anything in between is essentially saving most people an annual leave day or an extra bump in pay for the low waged folks who have to work.

Second Monday in February is time to have it

In fairness we need at least 2 permanent bank holidays.

I’m telling you , it’s going to be Christmas eve

1 Like

Valentines Day?