Bank Holiday weekend

Anyone got any big plans this weekend?

I’m going to Wexford on my holidays.

4 Likes

It’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow. I’ll start drinking at noon.

6 Likes

No.

1 Like

I’d have been out for murder by now. Lol

1 Like

Massive plans. A load of kettlebell/sit ups shit with a few lads followed by a swim at 7. Juhy junior has football at 9 and gaa at 11.30 so I’ll be coaching them. Cant wait. Then it’s back for lunch and the little lady has a danceathon organised for tomorrow afternoon. Gonna nick off in the middle for a cycle too. I’ll be asleep by ten.
Sunday will centre around how quick I can change out of my leinster shit and drop the brown Thomas bag and put on my United Jersey with fred on the back.

6 Likes

Living the dream Juhy.

1 Like

Im gonna look out my window for a spell tomorrow afternoon. Not much planned beyond that.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0926/1249112-bank-holiday-covid/

A once off is it?

If there was to be an additional bank holiday I think September would be the best month for it or maybe February.

Nov/Dec is too close to Christmas for another one.

1 Like

Throw up a poll. It’s a tough one. Start of February or end September for me

“between Christmas and year end” suggestion sums up the quality of politician we have

1 Like

Why not July?
An extra day between Christmas and New Years would be an absolute waste.

1 Like

There’s arguments for any month without one.

The post Christmas suggestion is too stupid to get angry about. But I will.

1 Like

Or what about extending an existing one, by making the Friday a bank holiday as well.

Or March 17th is a Thursday next year, why not give the Friday off as well.

2 Likes
Extra Bank Holdiday - please choose when
  • January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • I see you crying girl but I just can’t stay
  • I’ll be gone til November, I’ll be gone til November
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

0 voters

2 Likes

Did people like my little Wyclef Jean tribute? Thought it was a nice touch myself.

6 Likes

A hungover Friday at work is a rite of passage for our younger brethren albeit with WFH it’s a doddle nowadays. I recall strategically moving a pot plant in my office in case the nausea threatened to turn into vomiting whilst on a conference call.

God be with the days you’d arrive in on a Friday still humming and with that post session euphoria before the drink leaves your system. Make it to 12.30 - off to Eddie Rockets - relive the night before. Back to the office at 2.00 starting to slow down but know you’d be on pints again by 5.30.

Jesus you’d miss your late twenties some times.

6 Likes

I don’t know how we did it tbf

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to work somewhere that doesn’t give you a “company day” after St Stephens day.

We used to get a “Christmas shopping” half day in a previous workplace. A Friday in December you could knock off early. Inevitably you’d tie it in with your work pals and be in the pub for 1pm and there for the night.

Great times.

1 Like