Banks - Cunts

Iā€™ve had some nightmares with PTSB app and their customer service is even worse, avoid avoid avoid

EBS have a fine app on mobile and desktop.

1 Like

Iā€™ve an issue where I swapped phones in the last few days and Iā€™ve noticed when trying to use my visa online it wonā€™t work.

Sends me to a security page and usually here my banking app would pop up and Iā€™d have to type in my password to confirm the payment.

Any ideas? The old phone is dust but Iā€™ve down loaded the banking app on my phone and used it but still no joy.

Typically you need to dissociate the card on your old phone/app first
Failing that you should contact the bank as your case seems to be

Ffs

1 Like

Easier open up a new bank account

Iā€™d say your better off setting fire to the house with the old phone inside in it

1 Like

Delete the app and download again. Check if you can clear the active devices and remove the old one. Set up the device again on the new phone. I had a similar issue before Christmas with SCA approvals and it worked

1 Like

Am currently with ulster bank so after the hospital today, headed into tsb to sort out a new current account. Surprisingly easy. Was sorted in an hour.

Pre tax profit of 1.4 Billion

30 euros just added to my credit card balance for ā€œGovernment Stamp Dutyā€. How long is this scam going on?

Since the bail out i believe

Are bank transfers still going through today? Its not a technical bank holiday but its a doss day for a lot of people with the catholic ireland hangover.

Theyā€™ve given you ā‚¬30 and youā€™re complaining?

At least 20 years

2 Likes

Does someone who is on maternity leave and is say a permanent HSE employee have to return to work to be able to drawdown a mortgage? or will a return date suffice?

@Bandage I believe you said previously you had your mortgage with Ulster Bank, like myself. One of the stipulations of getting a mortgage was opening a joint current account with them. Are you looking to switch your Ulster Bank account to another provider given their oncoming exit from the Irish market? What are the options?

Yes, pal. Our fixed rate with UB expires at the end of September and weā€™ll be looking to switch. We didnā€™t have to open a joint current account with them when we entered into the 4-year fixed rate in 2018 though.

I actually rang them up a couple of weeks ago to see what the story was and could we switch early without incurring break costs given they were exiting (& because rates are likely to go up very soon so itā€™d be better to fix again ASAP maybe?).

They said our mortgage is in a portfolio being sold/transferred to PTSB so thereā€™s no ability to switch earlier without incurring break costs. They sent out a break cost calculation in the post and it would be ā‚¬700 to switch now. That would reduce the closer we get to September but weā€™re running the risk of rates increasing if you leave it too long.

From their perspective, as PTSB are taking over from them, it suits them for us to do nothing and then weā€™d automatically move onto a variable rate on 1 October or they could offer us a new fixed rate to apply from 1 October which will transfer over to PTSB.

Iā€™d say weā€™ll take the break cost and move to Avant or someone by the end of June. Theyā€™re offering a 1.9% fixed rate. @Juhniallio, @Bandage or anyone familiar with this issue and the Ask Bandage About Mortgages thread generally - when is the next ECB meeting anyway? Am I right to take a ā‚¬500/ā‚¬600 break cost now? Actually BOI have one of those cash back deals on the go too.

My life partner has made an appointment to talk it through with some broker cunt on Friday (after I come home from my 3-month testicle deflation appointment in Blackrock). That reminds me I must tell my team I wonā€™t be around for much of Friday.

2 Likes

Start going up in July but one would assume thatā€™s priced in.

Get on a 5 to 10 years fixie ASAP, pal. Donā€™t said I said I though, I know your spousal equivalent wonā€™t want to take advice from a lowly pen pusher like me.

1 Like

ā€œDarling, @briantinnion says paying off our mortgage early is very inefficient and we really should be investing it, whether thatā€™s in our pensions or somewhere else.ā€

ā€œNo.ā€