Banks - Cunts

Wise is good.

Weā€™ve been tipping away at this recently. We have approval in principle from Avant but have a couple of steps to take to get the formal Offer Letter. Once youā€™re in Offer Letter stage then they usually hold that rate for a defined time period of around 2 months to allow you to close/finalise, even if the rates are increased during that period for new customers or others at an earlier stage in the application process. So we want to get to that point ASAP as rates are likely to be pushed up again shortly. One of the things to tick off was the updated valuation - itā€™s pretty much 4 years to the day since we went sale agreed and the valuer chap, who did his inspection today, reckons the house is worth 35.5% (to be exact) more than we paid for it. Our issue, if youā€™d call it one, was we had tentative plans to upgrade after 5-10 years but anything weā€™d be looking to buy would similarly have rocketed up in price. Weā€™ll probably stay here for another good while so.

There will be a crash eventually, its the nature of property. Put yereselfs in a position to take advantage.

4 Likes

I set up An Post current account online within 5 minutes back in February tipping along moving money into it and direct debits 1 by 1, my plan is to have everything moved over by September with my salary moved and sayonara to UB at that stage

2 Likes

Got my breakage fee for switching from fixed rate 5 year rate of 2.45% to green 5 year rate of 2.15% - ā‚¬0.00.
Sound cunts

1 Like

Whatā€™s so good about an post?

Current account ease of transfer to AIB or BOI

1 Like

Charlie Weston was on The Last Word about a year ago, raving about An Postā€™s current account. Low interest rates, zero or low fees, etc. He was giving out that they donā€™t advertise it, that nobody knows about it. Iā€™ve seen ads on Post Office windows lately plugging it.

Who is that with @Spidey ? Im on fixed with aib at present but got B2rating after pv solar fittedā€¦they say at end of letter that there will be a breakage feeā€¦il send it in anyway.Have 7years left to pay and its ā‚¬15 difference in the monthā€¦all ads up.

Has anyone moved to Revoult bank fully?

How long was left in current fixed rate?

AIB - year and a half left @gilgamboa

2 Likes

Lads, maybe Iā€™ve missed this but have KBC and UB announced the date that accounts will be force closed if theyā€™ve not been moved? Iā€™ve heard the radio ads and received the literature that I half read but my brain usually needs a deadline to give a shit about doing anything

Neither have yetā€¦ Phased over timeā€¦ Will get a letter giving you 6 months to do it so if toin didnā€™t get that you donā€™t need to do anything yet

1 Like

Have you done any research on where to switch to? Iā€™m thinking Permanent TSB as the mortgage is going there but they wonā€™t allow a joint account application to be completed online, only in branch, and my nearest one is over 30 minutes away.

They are not really forthcoming with fees for a joint account either. There is a 2% per month cash back for Permanent TSB mortgage holders but not sure if that will apply to those Ulster Bank mortgage holders who will be subsumed by Permanent TSB.

@Bandage have you switched from your Ulster Bank current account yet?

I havenā€™t really to be honest. I have a BOI account and Mrs Mac has an AIB account. We only opened a joint UB one to put money away for the wedding all those years ago. Weā€™d use it a bit now for day to day stuff but not having it doesnā€™t really inconvenience us. Iā€™d nearly be inclined to make more use of Revolut as it seems easier for both of us to have access to it and just throw a few quid into it every week to cover what we need to use it for.

Our joint account is KBC. We have individual accounts with AIB (I have three accounts with them, FFS).
The joint account is used for all household costs (rent, broadband, energy, bins, etc.), and we are looking at also using it for mortgage

We went to set up a Permanent TSB one back in June. Basically was told I had to set up an individual one and then my wife would be added. Took about 3 weeks for an account for me to land (maybe more). The wife still not added two months later. Was on the phone to them today actually to see what the hell was going on, but only got through to the call centre.

The last 2 posts have made my mind up to avoid PTSB at all costs so. Their local branch to us is also cashless as well, in case I needed another excuse

Whatā€™s the An Post current account like - can you open a joint account online

Got a call from the local branch of PTSB. Iā€™d say after the half rant I gave, someone got a boot up the hole. All sorted (bar both me and the Mrs having to go into the branch together with our IDs). Woman more or less said itā€™s a shitshow, especially with all the UB account transfers (itā€™s across road from UB branch)