Banks - Cunts

Itā€™s handy to use for travel and you can have a few accounts for short term savings etc, round up change x3 etc but I wonder about loading too much in there alright

You must have lost a few quid. Got my money this morning.

Gil, at the risk of the usual suspects starting, would it be appropriate for large sums, ie is it safe, and simpler than an fx exchange trader?

Iā€™d be inclined to start with a small sum first.

Yes in theory but donā€™t use it as weekends for fx conversions as they build in a hedge then.

There is also the worry itā€™s effectively a start up so if it went belly up not clear what would happen or how long to get money back.

Lost nothing yet. Weā€™re only passing through the Suburbs of Hysteria on this Brexit Train to the City of Gold.

Choo choo

No idea

whats the craic with using your revolut card abroad: is it a lot cheaper than bying at the FX or an post?

and if i use the card at the ATM in dub airport to get dollars, will i be charged more?

CC @gilgamboa

Yeah much cheaper. You get a much better rate on it. Cash withdrawals you can do some but they discourage it by charging a fee after so much per month.

As an aside donā€™t use it for checking in to a hotel as it locks up pre approved amount for a week but use it pay bill at end. Never use dynamic currency conversion if offered it at hotels etc

tone deaf from the KBC guy here

1 Like

Gives a insight into the thinking within the Banking Community. This is an annoyance for them and that is much worse than what they inflicted on the people affected by this scandal.

I expect there to be some sort of mealy mouthed apology along the lines of ā€œthe comment was taken out of contextā€, ā€œI didnā€™t mean to cause offenceā€ or some other bullshit excuse.

1 Like

1 Like

Is there any advantage to using revolut for your day to day rather than a normal bank card?

People wont get paid tonight.

Iā€™d say working IT in a bank is some craic.

40 year old systems that arenā€™t compatible with each other Iā€™d imagine

2 Likes

They are afraid of their lives to touch any existing system

We donā€™t know how but itā€™s working, just try not to fuck it up

Sacred code.

NOBODY TOUCH IT!

2 Likes

We have a winner.

Worked in BOI the system was a series of bolt onsā€¦ the oldest akin to the hi tech used in movies such as ā€œWar Gamesā€ and ā€œjumpinā€™ jack flashā€

1 Like