Banks - Cunts

Banks - total cunts. BOI at 7.55 this morning. Went to lodge money before going to work. The machine spat back half of the notes and while I was trying to fix the problem, the ATM decides to swallow the rest of the money with a fuck off message ‘‘Your cash has been retained, contact a member of staff’’. At 07.55 !! Proceeded to work €300 lighter and job not done.
Found a local number on the Google for the branch in question and waited until 10 to try get thru. Number gets me straight to… Banking 365. Eventually got to speak to Mumhatma from Mumbai who helpfully told me that I couldn’t contact the branch directly by phone. ‘’ You must wait tenty bour owers for the system to Recktify tey proBlum’'.
Cunts :rage:

1 Like

Ecock wins

A victory for the little man.

Gents and Ladies,
Would anyone have any recommendations for a current account for my pal, either who to go with, , or who to avoid?

Ptsb seem good to me

BOI are cu ts. PTSB monthly charge is €5 and you get a rebate of 10 centt per transaction using the account. Over 50 transactions make it free. BOI have their call centre in India which is very disconcerting considering a majority of scam callers have an indian accent

1 Like

Informative rating :+1:

We set up our joint account with PTSB about 18 months ago, when KBC were pulling out of Ireland. It took a while to get up and running but at the time Ulster Bank were also closing up and they were across the road from the branch we went to.

If you’re setting up a joint account with them, you have to set up an account for just one person and then add the other afterwards (which I think may have to be done in branch). But setting up a current account for one can be done online.

As aforementioned, with cashback on the cards, I don’t gouged with fees like I do by those AIB cunts

2 Likes

Might be useful

2 Likes

As an aside i tried closing an account t with BOI before Christmas, couldnt get through until this morning. They charged me another €6 in the meantime. Its a small amount of money but im seething. Overall my dealings with PTSB have been pleasant considering they are a bank, less of cunts that BOI which inst hard

I’ve heard Ebs are decent to deal with…

I’m with PTSB donkeys years. They are grand to deal with so long as everything is going well. Same as most of them really.

They have fuck all branches left that will actually give you cash if that matters. It doesn’t make any odds to me

If you just want day to day banking with no frills, or bollixology, go for a credit union current account

2 Likes

I’m with BoI since they came up to the school and gave everyone in the class a savings book with a one pound credit. Find them grand.

8 Likes

Credit union works fine.

Stephen Roche won me over to BOI back in 1988 I think it was, that yellow jersey that I cant find now was the clincher.

I started out my banking life with a Henry Hippo account in Ulster Bank.

3 Likes

Think it was the Sammy stamps for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Advertising works.

I got a cool Phillips Savvy phone for signing up to AIB and haven’t looked back since