Banks - Cunts

It was great until you lost the book in your bag and the mother ates you alive for it

They had upped it to ÂŁ3 by the time I went to NIHE.
You missed out…

I took the radio/cd player instead. Those philips savys were everywhere that year, mad how easy it was to get people signed up for life as a result of a €50 piece of technology

Not the fault of Revolut I think :man_shrugging:

The Irish banks have conditioned people into thinking they should be conpensated every time they fall victim to a scam. It’s probably one of the more generous aspects of the Irish banking system, but I’m not sure it happens world wide.

I’d say Becca is being a bit liberal with the truth there but even allowing for that you’d want your head examined to keep more than tuppence ha’penny in a Revolut account

My reading of it is that when they got the “delivery” text, one of them filled in the details including the card details and the CVV from the back of the card.

Once the scammers have this they can manually add the card to Apple Pay and use it in person. If you tried to buy something online you’d have triggered the 3DSecure check which requires approval within the Revolut app.

There is no limit to an Apple Pay in person transaction, the assumption is that you’re authorizing the transaction by enabling Apple Pay using Face ID. (The face wouldn’t need to be the card holders face.)

3 Likes

AIB with record profits last year as half the country are making a hole in their belt with a fork to tighten it more

2bn profit.

The CEO also tried to claim they were giving 1.4bn of that back to the state. By his later comments it sounds like that’s a share buy back scheme and not a dividend to the state. His whole interview was as soft as you’d hear. He was reading out his preprapared answer to the the questions.

1 Like

I caught a bit of it… It amounted to AIB = a great bunch of lads.

And AIB are an unbelievably disfunctional organisation…impossible to do business with…bit better for personal customers but for business forget about it

You have to deal directly with corporate, the old bankcentre. No support in branch any more

https://twitter.com/CWeston_Indo/status/1783771620814758228?t=eTw8SHx9Nt1gNZa97eaj6g&s=19

They’re here until they fuck off again

Banking 365 app on the blink?

1 Like

Pm your bank details there and ill check for you.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2024/0725/1461697-revolut-gets-uk-banking-licence/

Does this make banking with revolut any safer?

Banking licence means they have to comply with FCA regulations and consumers are protected inline with these regulations… But as a fintech/ online banking platform only there’s still a lot of ways you can be blocked from your funds that you wouldn’t by a traditional bank. Depends what you mean by safer really.

As in if they go bust have you any protection?

There’s a cap , maybe 100k is fully protected and anything after that might only be certain % that’s covered.