Banter or Racism

A lawyer who doesn’t take part in a process is surprised at judgement in default. Gets a new investigation and then when that’s completed makes new allegations. An ubercunt.

3 Likes

You have my best wishes. Just be prepared for the counter action when she sues you for stress caused by imaginary purchases and excessive hospitality to strangers…

Which imaginary purchases?

The luxury car??? Was that real???

All the purchases are real except the sculptures

All real sadly. The story about the car was true also.
It’s also true I’ve been contacted by the seller and offered 7k more than I paid for it to sell it back to him. I don’t even drive hardly ever. I throw the little one on the back of the bike mostly.

I knew the car story was true but thought you were shafted. The car arrived??? Delighted for you. I withdraw my imaginary car reference.

It did. About 18 months after I paid for it.
I’d given up on it, but the lad who had it was a friend of my brothers next door neighbour, so I didn’t want to kick up too much of a fuss. I was, in all honesty, told at one point that it was in (on) the Panama canal.
I’d thought when I bought it that it was in London.

2 Likes

As a complete aside, I’m in McDonald’s up by the man city stadium after swimming (moss side is closed for renovation)
You can’t imagine what an absolutely awful, depressing dump, full of abandoned streets this place was 10 years ago.
It is utterly transformed, and amidst the rows of terraces, now all apparently occupied, are new trendy developments, the velodrome, the bmx drome, the athletics stadium, the man city academy, a brand new library, and a leisure centre which is busy at 6am,and absolutely lovely, with a double depth clean pool. You’d nearly live here only there’s not much green.
In the McDonald’s, the tables turn into video games.

I posted up an article about the regeneration of the area by the Man City group a while back. Its astonishing. What they have done for that part of the City, is just phenomenal. It goes beyond anything ever seen in these situations previously.

Football journalist Patrick Barclay seems intent on digging himself into a hole.

Race to the bottom

There are numerous ways to spend an entire Sunday, but former Guardian, Times and Sunday Telegraph writer and occasional Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement guest Paddy Barclay found a rather novel one this weekend: defending blackface.

It started with Barclay dismissing the thoughts of politician David Lammy, who criticised Star Sports Bookmakers for sharing a picture of a darts fan dressed as fellow MP Diane Abbott, black make-up and all.

Patrick Barclay
@paddybarclay
Racism and misogyny? How do you explain either of those? Having someone dress up as you is hardly abuse of any description. https://twitter.com/davidlammy/status/942353066111758336 …

The bookmakers’ derisory defence was thus: “We tweeted it and it has had an unprecedented response in terms of retweets and likes. Ultimately you’re not going to please everybody all the time. We have never had anything on our social media that has had such a positive response.” Because social media engagement really does trump everything.

Star Sports later told critics to “please stop taking things so seriously,” and yet theirs was the side that Barclay, a man who really should know better, chose.

Over the course of the day, Barclay defended his stance that a white person wearing black make-up on their face and hands to impersonate a black person was fine, because the person in question was targeting Abbott for recent mistakes she had made with numbers, rather than persecuting her due to her race. ‘Having someone dress up as you is hardly abuse of any description,’ read one tweet. ‘How exactly was he supposed to impersonate her without darkening his skin?’ he asked in another.

Clue: If you have the choice of either ‘blacking up’ or not ‘blacking up’, always choose the latter. You’re far less likely to upset millions of people and generally be considered odious and ignorant.

Barclay went on to mock the syntax of those questioning his beliefs, state that he has ‘discussed this countless times with black friends’, point out that Lenny Henry ‘made his name’ by ‘whiting up’ – because the true victims in life are the middle-class white man – and make utterly bizarre comparisons such as this…

17 Dec

dw68
@tzuster
Replying to @paddybarclay
its so damned funny; that’s why it happens in reverse constantly eh?

Patrick Barclay
@paddybarclay
Right, so black women who straighten their hair are making fun of white people? Such claptrap.

…before finally admitting that he himself had ‘blacked up’ as Errol Brown at one point for a fancy dress party. He filled in his bingo card of abhorrent views by not once apologising.

Mediawatch can only hope that such blatantly racist views will actually be punished in some way, instead of ignored or frantically swept under the rug. The fact that most of his peers rallied in their numbers to criticise Arsenal’s Twitter account for tweeting a GIF reply to a journalist, but were conspicuous by their silence here, does not fill us with hope.

H&M got in trouble over this. The hoodie says “coolest monkey in the jungle”

1 Like

:scream:

They also had photos of white kids wearing the same hoodie but I suppose any reference to monkeys and black people will get you in trouble.

I laughed when I read that!

:smile:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JDzlhW3XTM

I’m going with racism here, Beardsley is an odd little man.

This is tremendous banter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=442&v=2z3wUD3AZg4

1 Like