Barcelona in Trouble

The Messi fanboys are seething

Anyone that follows the big European leagues like @Copper_pipe @Julio_Geordio @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy is Messi available for FREE (Using a possible clause in his own contract to terminate it) or is there a fee due to Barca (I’ve seen 700 million online). There’s a bit of conflicted info on this point but it is an important one, because if there’s a fee plus wages then he’s probably only affordable to moneybags like Man City or PSG. I’d imagine MLS is viable if no fee to Barca.

He had a clause in his contract that he can leave for free on the 30th of June.

Obviously he didn’t activate that clause this season but he’s arguing that the season wasn’t ended so now he can activate it.

1 Like

I’d say this is 90% a ploy to get the chairman chap sacked

1 Like

I’d say if you could get odds on koeman being sacked before October the first you’d get bang for your buck.

As pointed out by somebody else messi isn’t potentially severing ties with the club he loves two weeks before the season starts unless he knew there was a club ready to sign him. What’s being reported is a few clubs are interested but need to get the finances together and there doesn’t seem to be anything definite.

There’s also the chance if Messi leaves Barcelona could object. It would end up in court and a club could be forced to pay Barcelona 700 million in a few months time. I’d say it’s definitely a plot to move unless Barcelona just decide to say thanks let’s move on.

Which is fine but that will send Barca further down the shitter. Only postponing the inevitable.

Any chance he’ll just retire?

For a 33 year old there is plenty left in him. In much better shape than the likes of Ronaldinho or Kaka were at that stage of their career.

Messi is a creep

I wouldn’t be surprised if he walked away. There doesn’t appear to be a team who will really roll out the red carpet for him and completely skew their side for him. I’d say it is short offs either back to Barca or walk away.

He could go to City or Inter but would be dealing with a coach with a strong personality who has a way of playing and may not shift the culture just to accommodate Messi like Juve did with Ronaldo

Why wouldn’t Juve go in for Messi?

Bear in mind that Barca played hardball with PSG and the player over the Neymar release clause which was more clear cut

They’re already paying Ronaldo an absolute packet.

If he stays in Europe, he will want to go somewhere that’ll pay him a fortune and have some hope of winning a CL. That leaves City and PSG. Juve haven’t a hope of winning a CL

:rofl:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Juve are shite…

1 Like

Who’s that?