Barcelona

Heading over there tommorrow til Monday.

I’d imagine a lot of people here are familiar with the city so any tips where to get pissed, areas to avoid etc?? Pubs full of decent totty would be appreciated too. :smiley:

I would be more of an age to give you advice on the art galleries there, the gothic quarter, the zoo, the restaurants down at the marina and Las Ramblas etc etc…
I brought my own totty with me so didn’t have to look for more.
Yours etc,
GSH.

think ther ewas a thread on this before? have a quick search.

Las Ramblas late at night isnt great. dont stop to look at the dodgy fookers with their slight of hand trick games. savage city tho. Pikeman would prob be able ot tell you good pubs and clubs and stuff, I was there with the bird so it was a quiet time really and couldnt remember what decent places I went to anyway!

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]I would be more of an age to give you advice on the art galleries there, the gothic quarter, the zoo, the restaurants down at the marina and Las Ramblas etc etc…
I brought my own totty with me so didn’t have to look for more.
Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

Well I’ll be doing the touristy stuff during the day I hope!!

You getting a game in or are they away this weekend?

Never been there in the winter so don’t know how busy it is but presumably everyone will still keep warning you about pickpockets on Las Ramblas. The Sagrada Familia thing is superb, not much into church architechture myself but found that very impressive.

Even if there’s no game it’s probably worth doing the stadium tour.

Which stadium would you recommend for a tour?

Think Espanyol are playing on Sunday evening so might get that in. Barcelona are unforunately away tommorrow in the CL and away in La Liga on Sunday.

Will do the tour alright of Camp Nou

That mini Camp Nou place probably. Pity the RDS isn’t in Barcelona because they run a cracking tour when there’s no exams or horse show on.

Yeah defo stay away from Las Ramblas at night-dodgy out.

Can’t remember names of the clubs and pubs we went to but I think they were closer to the coast than inner city. Some place we went to was only 10 in and 3 a drink and the place was hopping. But again names are lost to me.

Food we got over there was great too.
Prices are generally the same as here.

I’d be careful enough over there though. Was on the street singing ‘Rangers are shite’ with a few lads after the Celtic-Bara game in Feb when these locals came up and joined in the singing and dancing. All of a sudden they just left and my phone was gone.

Was there in July. Think I started a thread on it as well. Las Ramblas isn’t that bad at night. Just keep your hand in your pockets if you see a prozzie. Would recommend doing the bus tour of the city - takes in all the sights and you can hop off and hop on as you want. Goes past the Camp Nou, Olympic Stadium and all the churches. Use the Blue and Orange one if you can. There’s a load of bars down on the sea front which are usually hopping at night time. Can be expensive but would say its the equivalent of our Temple Bar.

If your looking for Totty I’d say you’ll find it down in the beach area. If you want something different, try the Ice bar - basically like an igloo. Fairly cool. Its down by the sea front as well.