Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Star Wars & Star Trek - Earth calling Orson

Seeing this in a few hourā€™s. Seems to be doing great critically but mixed in terms of what fans think.

Did you like the food and the place in general? A friend works there, said the cocktails were good but the food is just a load of deep fried stuff. They seem to treat the staff like shite anyway, I canā€™t see it lasting.

Even though very deep fried, I did like the tacos and dressing. Tenders were but over cooked alright but for 6 quid canā€™t go wrong. The burger was dayyyycent. Cocktails were from some hipster bottle and 11 quid but tasted aiite. Worth spending the money for a once off proper treat although the brunch options look attractive with movies half price too.

1 Like

Not a big star wars guy. Went to this last night.

Was somewhere between ok and good. Probably about 30 mins too long. Expect one scene in particular to get some backlash from the PC brigade.

Anyway I enjoyed the movie. The acting was top notch by and large, and I really enjoyed the performances of Hamill, Gleeson, Driver and Serkis in particular. There were a couple of awful scenes, it could have been edited more liberally but by and large the vast majority of the movie worked imo. It was more memorable than TFA (which Iā€™ve entirely forgotten) and was more consistent than Rogue One (which was entertaining, but kind of a mess).

Off to see this with the kids this evening - a nice event before Christmas.

Itā€™s a novelty thing - eating in the dark limits what you can eat without wearing it.

Suspect it will be a popular date venue
Cc @Bandage

Went earlier today. Itā€™s good but itā€™s let down by the length and the pacing of it. The performances by and large are great. I just felt it meandered a bit but I suppose thatā€™s what part 2 of a trilogy does.

When is a respectable time to be able to discuss this without lads whinging about spoilers? I saw it this afternoon and while its entertaining some of the writing was ridiculous.

Monday evening please! Where the fuck is @ChocolateMice??

1 Like

Just back from The Last Jedi.

Meh. Some entertaining action sequences.

@ChocolateMice was on Twitter yesterday reviewing this film. He gave it 7.5/10 the cantankerous Cark cant

1 Like

That will do me so!

How long is this movie?

Two and a half hours.

I thought it was meh

2 Likes

Apart from the first three, the whole Star wars thing has been average at best

A kids movie

1 Like

Itā€™s more or less critic proof . Thatā€™s why they keep making them and cashing in. Personally I think the Star track movies are way better

Ah stop.