Baysht

Dublin at the capacity they were at Sunday are vulnerable.

But you have to look at it and say they were without the likes of McCaffrey, Connolly, Andrews, O’Sullivan, Flynn to call on. They lost McCarthy and Small early on and still saw it out fairly comfortably with a man less, now maybe a side further along the line of progression than Galway would have sensed blood and capitalised.

Its possible Dublin can be beaten but I think it needs a number of factors falling into place. If a few of their defenders bodies are beginning to creak and Connolly doesn’t come back in then it will certainly give a pack of 4/5 some hope.

I wouldn’t say there is a great deal between any of Mayo, Kerry, Tyrone, Monaghan and Galway at present and if Dublin were taken out then all would fancy their chances. Galway and Monaghan, Tyrone to a lesser extent, still have big questions to answer at Croke Park though.

5 Likes

This exactly.
Galway are learning as a team and as a management, and have a way to travel yet. Someone may catch Dublin in a knockout, but it looks unlikely. The super eights will suit them down to the ground.

The greatest footballer of his generation, just pips Psycho to the prize.

1 Like

Dublin will have 1 game away and the other 2 in Croke Park. If they get someone like Kerry, Tyrone or Mayo away with the locals baying for blood it will be interesting to see what happens - I would expect “scenes none of us like to see”.

1 Like

don’t think Dublin will play any home games :frowning:

:astonished:

I hope a compensation package can be arranged to ease the pain

1 Like

Where’s O Carroll these days? Still out in NZ or wherever he went that time?

Yeah. As far as I know. He’s not back in Ireland anyway.

1 Like

Is it true his nickname is actually Buffalo?

Wrong thread…

5 Likes